X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^^^instead of glue. It is to keep the seeds in place

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
      .... ......then I'll just lay the sheets on the bed, spray with water & cover with sieved compost.....
      Just a couple of questions:
      Is sieved compost cosy enough?
      Do you have matching parsnip pillowcases?
      Do you dream of parsnips?

Comment

Better to grow parsnips in bed, than peas

Comment

Originally posted by Chippy Minton View Post
          Just a couple of questions:
          Is sieved compost cosy enough?
          Do you have matching parsnip pillowcases?
          Do you dream of parsnips?

All the time.....................................
          Last edited by Bigmallly; 16-10-2015, 04:52 PM.
          sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
          --------------------------------------------------------------------
          Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
          -------------------------------------------------------------------
          Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
          -----------------------------------------------------------
          KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Originally posted by Scoot View Post
            Flour and water? Why do you put flour and water onto the sheet and then put the seed onto the flour and water?
            Was thinking of making a Parsnip Cake.......................
            sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”

Comment

Just prepared a few more..............................:

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Norfolkgrey View Post
                ^^^^instead of glue. It is to keep the seeds in place
                Ah right, I see.

Comment

Just read though all of this, my tea is now finished Great thread really enjoyed it.
                  I put some spring onion seed on toilet paper a couple of weeks ago and now have 2 small but lovely rows of onions coming up.
                  I am looking forward to do the same with carrots and parsnips.
                  Did not even think of masking tape, i am going to buy some in town today and have a go with some radish. I often get bored when the nights get darker so this will keep me busy for a while. hopefully anyway as i don't want to buy more seed
                  I grow 70% for us and 30% for the snails, then the neighbours eats them

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lisasbolt View Post
                    Did not even think of masking tape, i am going to buy some in town today and have a go with some radish.
                    Masking Tape woks Lisa but leaves an elastic glue residue behind, although easy enough to remove from the soil it doesn't break down. I'm sticking with Flour/Water glue on Tapes/Sheets & Discs. Sheets & Discs are a doddle to make.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
                      Masking Tape woks Lisa but leaves an elastic glue residue behind, although easy enough to remove from the soil it doesn't break down. I'm sticking with Flour/Water glue on Tapes/Sheets & Discs. Sheets & Discs are a doddle to make.
                      Umm, yeah i dont fancy removing glue from the soil. I have enough to do already

I will steal a few sheets of newspaper from the fire pile and try that as toilet paper was a bit messy.

sigpic

Comment

• Kitchen Roll may not be too bad as it's a tad thicker than loo roll.............get the sooper dooper absorbant type stuff........I'm toying around with going into a few DIY stores to see what wallpaper samples I can lay my hands on. I may be able to get hold of some ready pasted samples...................Owt's worth a bash..........
                        Last edited by Bigmallly; 17-10-2015, 10:32 AM.

Comment

• You know, i was just thinking if i made some tape with the flour and water mix in newspaper. Then i damp the newspaper and put in a zip locked bag to start germination. I wonder if that would work. As i really struggle for carrot and parsnip to germinate as the ground is so very very dry and have to water serval times a day which most of the time i cannot do. Then i can plant out and hopefully have nice lovely plants. What do you think?

sigpic

Comment

• Give it a go Lisa, you've nowt to lose. If it doesn't work, just give the tape a good soak when laying then cover with a mulch. They should find their way through to the light.

Comment

• Thats what i thought, i have everything so why ever not. I´ll report back in a couple of weeks if it has worked

sigpic

Comment

• I look forward to an update.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X