This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Result!

Today I picked a couple of small heads of Swiss chard - the first thing I've picked from the garden this year, apart from herbs.

It was my first time ever cooking this veg - I blanched it first and added it to a stir fry.
    My hopes are not always realized but I always hope (Ovid)

www.fransverse.blogspot.com

www.franscription.blogspot.com

Comment

Only picked some radishes. Rocket is ready but everything else is sadly running WAY behind.... Wish we had better weather in N Ireland so I could get out sooner. :-(
      How early can you plant in an unheated greenhouse? I only started this year around the start of March...
      Still very new to this growing lark but loving every minute of it....

Comment

Lovely radishes!! and the spring cabbage (called April I think) just keeps coming - fab stir fried with chilli and garlic.
        come visit a garden
        or read about mine www.suburbanvegplot.blogspot.com/

Comment

Spring onions, real spring onions you could EAT!!!! Woooooooop!

Can you tell I am new to this?
          WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

Jumbo radishes - much bigger than in the shops - is this normal?? Plus some CCA lettuce. Kids also had salad for tea with their pizza. Unfortunately had to use shop bought tomatoes and cucumber though!

Also very excited about the three inch sized french beans I've now got on my plants, but I have to be patient!!

Annette x

Comment

2 more onions for the curry tonight, plus I garlic from the moon trial.

Will pop some coriander on the top once it is cooked.

Comment

jumbo radish (sparkle) for me today - although some baby slugs had had a go at them! but some were edible.
                "A cat sees no good reason why it should obey another animal, even if it does stand on two legs."

Comment

Rocket and Chinese mustard for a BRT (bacon, rocket & tomato) sandwich. Comfrey leaves from front garden, which I put in a bucket and covered with rainwater to rot down and make plant feed. Three spring onions for stir fry tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by wellie View Post
                    Wee Garden - one Coriander Leaf would count in my opinion(!) and as I said, it's not WHAT you've got, it's what you DO with it that counts. The coriander leaf probably MADE the entire meal, no?!
                    The important thing is, just to grow stuff and use it rather than buy it.

MIND YOU THOUGH.... Don't be put off buying the herbs or vegetable seedlings in your local garden centre. If you've not got the room to raise seeds/seedlings at home, your local garden centre can provide you with a wealth of young vegetable plants to grow on at home or on your allotment. and some of them are good value for money.
                    Awww...thank you for the encouragement!

I'm nearly there - will have some salad thinnings soon!
                    http://www.weeveggiepatch.blogspot.com

Comment

A week's worth of onions this morning, and a garlic this afternoon for soup.

Comment

leeks, garlic and last of the parsnips!
                        Dont worry about tomorrow, live for today

Comment

One spring onion... but hey, it was delicious.
                          My hopes are not always realized but I always hope (Ovid)

www.fransverse.blogspot.com

www.franscription.blogspot.com

Comment

My first radish today and some PSB, ive never had it before and it was delish!!
                            Life isnt about surviving the storm.....But learning to dance in the rain.

Comment

psb all finished now And the last of my xmas carrots which were only ready 4 months late so not bad for me lol.
                              Going to furtle in a spud bucket to see if the xmas spuds are also ready - that will make them 5 months late PMSL... anyone for turkey and trimmings...??

Picked salad leaves and spring onions to go in my cheese sarnie, with homemade rhubarb and date cutney (from a friend). Delish

Comment

Today I harvested my first bunch of radish - French Breakfast [my favourite]. This is my personal first sign of summer.

Also I pulled my first spring onion EVER. Never had any success with them before [not that I like them myself much]. It is sitting on top of a salad garnish for the OH's dinner - I bet he does not even notice it.

At the weekend I harvested an enormous crop of cuts & scratches, from digging out my new allotment from the hedge [or detaching the hedge from the allotment as OH prefers]. It's such a small patch that every foot counts; and as over 10 foot of it was in the hedge the hedge had to be tamed. I found 5 trees and a rambling rose. OH came down to help, did an hours work, then demanded his reward down the pub. You have to admire his style!

Ann

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X