This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first 2 cucumbers from the gh - mini variety, lovely in a cheese sarnie

my little one went to school with homegrown cucumbers and some fresh pea pods in his lunch box

Comment

• some chard, it is starting to bolt already.

Comment

• Some broad bean tops to go in a stir fry.
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• A spring cabbage and sime 'cut and come again' mixed salad leaves!
          My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Yet more salad leaves with beetroot leaves thrown in! and 30g of parsley to make the Homity Pie that went with the salad... the parsley by the way originated from Morrisons herbs section in the fruit/veg aisle - I used all of it a while back for a recipe, and repotted what was remaining (nothing except stalks!) on the offchance some more might spring up, and it did... loads of it which I knew I had to start using this week - hence the homity pie!
            Last edited by cazp; 10-06-2010, 09:39 PM.

Comment

• A mini-cauliflower (grown from seed), because the bought seedlings that I overwintered are just sitting there pretending to be triffids, and not producing anything other than enormous leaves, and I'm going to rip them out of the ground tomorrow because I'm Mrs. Angry with them now?
              And a perfectly-formed Little Gem Lettuce, that, rather unusually, I quartered, and then pan-fried tonight, on the strength of a recommendation from Trousers. Personally, I beg to differ, and it didn't 'blow my frock up' one iota..... and I doubt very much that I shall be mentioning it ever again. Call me Square, but it seems like a very strange and bizarre thing to do to a lettuce when you've got time on your hands.....!

Mmmm! Homity Pie, haven't had one for as long as I can remember. Cranks recipe?
              Last edited by wellie; 11-06-2010, 10:00 PM. Reason: Dead jealous of Homity Pie......

Comment

• Honeyberries - got a small handful. The rest are still unripe. Taste sweet but nondescript. Think I'll freeze the rest and add to my huckleberries. Oh and 3 hungarian black chillies.

Comment

• Been eating Garnet Oak Leaf and Brown Gold Ring lettuce for a while. Harvested my first Over Winter Onions and some Sharpes Express potatoes this afternoon, so its steak, onions and new potatoes for tea

Comment

• A few strawberries, salad leaves, rocket, little gem and half a dozen mangetout.Oh and pea shoots.
                    Mad Old Bat With Attitude.

I tried jogging, but I couldn't keep the ice in my glass.

Comment

• Strawberries and herbs, especially sage, mint, tarragon and golden marjoram.
                      Really great gardens seem to teeter on the edge of anarchy yet have a balance and poise that seem inevitable. Monty Don in Gardening Mad

Comment

• CACA and coriander. I have lots and lots of coriander!
                        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Daughter and I popped to the lottie today as I said I thought there was some strawberries to pick. Sadly there wasnt she was most put out. But we did pick some broad beans a fellow plot holder said to help ourselves, I was very good and only took a few. i also picked my very first of the season small yellow courgette, also lettuce leaves, raddishes, rhubarb, mint and red duke of york pots.
                          Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
                          and ends with backache

Comment

• Little gem lettuce
                            elderflowers (made 18 ltrs of fizz)
                            strawberrys (6)
                            broad beans
                            peas
                            spinach
                            You have to loose sight of the shore sometimes to cross new oceans

I would be a perfectionist, but I dont have the time

Comment

• Spring onions!
                              http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/sarajjohnson
                              http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...blogs/pipkins/

Comment

• Some spinach and basil to make 'Penne with Chorizo and Spinach' for tea.
                                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X