Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had the first new potatoes today, they were volunteers I found while digging over around new year, I transplanted into a cold frame and let them get on with it! Also had a cabbage and the very last of the PSB for dinner.
    Jiving on down to the beach to see the blue and the gray, seems to be all and it's rosy-it's a beautiful day!

Comment

I had some mixed baby salad leave and a little gem. My first real harvest
      Susiewoosie

A novice but keen to learn

My Blog - http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...s/susiewoosie/

My photo Albums - http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ie-albums.html

Comment

today we are mostly harvesting,
        radishes, mizuna leaf,parsley, and almost ashamed to say cress. all go in sandwiches for work. not sure if i like radishes,certainly couldnt eat a whole one.

a good put down line to use !

If having brains was a fatal disease, you would be the only survivor.

Comment

Salad leaves today.

Comment

Rocket and parsley to make a lovely rocket and potato soup. Yummy!

Comment

Butter Fingers - I'm not keen on Radishes neither if truth be known - but hey, you win some, you lose some and you then grow more of what you DO like to make up for it maybe... Good luck with it anyway?

Comment

Harvested first strawberries only 4 but who careslots of asparagus and first courgette only 3inches long but it wasn,t rotten 4 a change

Comment

Today i bought a new bbq so bought steak to try it out. I picked cca leaves , land cress flowers, chives, rocket, parsley and mint to go with some shop onions & toms (though some of mine are flowering...) for a salad to go with it.
                  The bbq works great (though as it isn't gas i knew it would) the steak was lurverly but the salad was FANTASTIC! so zingy better by infinity than any bag from the chiller cabinet! bring it on.
                  Really lookin forward to some other stuff being ready too...
                  Simon Of Kells

Comment

Picked a few of my French Breakfast Radish and actually ate them on site, must look at making a nice salad to go with them, anyone got any nice recipies?
                    Those that forget the past are condemned to repeat it!

Comment

Originally posted by Edwardo82 View Post
                      Picked a few of my French Breakfast Radish and actually ate them on site, must look at making a nice salad to go with them, anyone got any nice recipies?
                      radish quartered, lettuce, rocket and baby spinach chopped roughly, nice juicy tomato chopped roughly, red onion halved and sliced, feta cheese ( or mozzarella is a nice substitute) torn into pieces about 2cm or larger. dressing extra virgin olive oil, sea salt, fresh ground pepper, oregano (dried ok fresh better), 1 clove garlic finely chopped or crushed, juice 1 lemon, vinegar either balsamic or from jar of pickled onions, a little cold water, mix and pour over salad and mix in or toss.

MMMM
                      Last edited by crichmond; 13-05-2009, 10:15 PM.

Beware Greeks bearing gifts, or have you already got a wooden horse?... hehe.

Comment

today i mostly harvested chinese cabbage for stir fry,mixed salad leaves my first spring onions and loads of radishes,gotta get them out the parsnips i sowed them with are coming through
                        don't be afraid to innovate and try new things
                        remember.........only the dead fish go with the flow

Another certified member of the Nutters club

Comment

Radish...yum,and mixture of baby salad leaves.

Comment

Yup French breakfast Radish again this evening, very tasty with a lovely kick.
                            Those that forget the past are condemned to repeat it!

Comment

The usual raddish and salad leaves for me , harvested last of the ready raddish, sowed way to much so had got sick of them , have more almost ready and am sowing much less each time did the same with salad leaves . I always forget and each year do the same.

Comment

Today I mostly harvested my second strawberry of the year, yummy. Radish and rocket for my ham sandwich, and 3 jars worth of winter onions, ready for pickling.
                                Bob Leponge
                                Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X