Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New potatoes, the first of the year, melted in the mouth.
    Radish for OH's lunch
    Spring onions and salad for mine.
    Turnips - parboiled and then sauteed with parboiled carrots, garlic and parsley.
    All delish

Comment

A bunch of radish (the long ones that i can't remember the name of!) and 2 large and 3 small sticks of Rhubarb (my 1st lot after planting it 2 years ago when we 1st moved in) - off to make a crumble now
      Last edited by Newbie; 16-05-2009, 03:02 PM.
      Jane,
      keen but (slightly less) clueless
      http://janesvegpatch.blogspot.com

Comment

New potatoes (Swift), planted in black potato bags in Feb and kept in the greenhouse till end of April, plus CCA salad leaves.
        Julie

Comment

Radish, salad leaves and 1 lonesome spring onion ( a little thin but I couldn't resist)
          Last edited by newbielou; 16-05-2009, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wellie View Post
            Loads of new people. Some brave enough to register on the GYO Grapevine, and some needing a little extra courage to commit once they've seen how friendly and informative GYO is. Either way, every single one of us learned, or are learning, to grow stuff, and here we be to share our experiences.

That is what it's truly about. No more, no less.
            But the pleasure is all ours'.
            So - Take it Away Girls and Boys!
            This is the reason why i joined GYO. just weeds today.

Comment

I harvested a salad today. Finally. Something other than herbs, that I can eat.

I cut some lollo rosa, some lambs lettuce, so chives, and mixed them with some radish and beetroot thinnings. So chuffed.
              http://www.weeveggiepatch.blogspot.com

Comment

We picked our first ever crops off the lottie yesterday a handful of radishes and do you know they tasted like nothing we had ever eaten before because we grew them!
                When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. ~Author Unknown

Comment

We picked and podded our first peas of the season yeaterday..... none made it to the pot nought as nice as fresh picked podded and eaten peas
                  Last edited by RedThorn; 17-05-2009, 07:51 AM.
                  Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

Watercress, new potatoes and cabbage. Had the first carrot yesterday.

Comment

Lots of radishes all different shapes and colours and some wild rocket yummy!
                      When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. ~Author Unknown

Comment

first spinach today,plus spring onions ,chinese cabbage, lollo rosso and mixed salad leaves...................................and the inevitable radishes lol
                        don't be afraid to innovate and try new things
                        remember.........only the dead fish go with the flow

Another certified member of the Nutters club

Comment

Had some chinese cabbage and some thyme today (not together). It's all so exciting! My toddler and I had some spinach yesterday - we were in the gardening eating it straight from the plants! Mmm.
                          Singleton Allotments Society
                          Ashford Gardeners - A gardening club (and so much more) for the greenfingered of Ashford and surrounding areas. Non-Ashfordites welcome .

Comment

Some will remember I considered it a moment of March madness at the nursery when I bought tiny watercress plants. I was wrong. Yesterday I made watercress and pea soup (garlic, onion, small potato, veg stock, mint sprigs), whirled in some double cream and my oh my it was delicious. I have to admit that this time the peas were frozen, but next time it will be my home grown peas as well as the watercress.
                            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Apart from a few of our own radishes (going into salads for lunches next week), I have some of the last of our leeks today. I did 4 bags, lightly sauteed in butter, in the freezer for throwing into casseroles easily.

But for dinner tonight, I chopped 5 leeks into 3/4 inch lengths, sauteed in butter until softened, put into oven proof dish. Whisk together 2 eggs and 200ml of cream and pour over the leeks. Top with 3oz of grated cheese and bake at 190 degrees for 30-40 mins until browned (a recipe from the Doorelys). Tasted delish!! Served with some roast potatoes (rooster) and roasted chicken thighs with some salt, tarragon, lemon juice and olive oil. Well worth a try!

Following on, in a few mins, with some rhubarb crumble. Yum!

Comment

Well, it was yesterday evening, but it was great to pick the first small lollo rosso and rocket - made a lovely salad with (bought) spring onions and tomatoes.
                                My hopes are not always realized but I always hope (Ovid)

www.fransverse.blogspot.com

www.franscription.blogspot.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X