Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eldest daughter (15) and I picked salad leaves, lambs lettuce, rocket(which Id forgotten Id sown) and little gem to go with our thai fishcakes (co-op). She's no gardener but was delighted for me and loved harvesting the crop. Wouldnt let me pull up too many little gems as they looked so lovely in their bed!

francesbean
    My Square Foot Gardening Experiment Blog :
    http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...log_usercp.php

Comment

just pulled last years planted new potatoes,left over leeks and some onions dug up in treasure hunt.Little gem,fennel,coriander chives,spring onions,radish some mint to put in with the new potatoes and theres cabbage to pick but will leave that for another day

Comment

Last of leeks. Mixed leaves for salad for tea.
        http://herbie-veggiepatch.blogspot.com

Updated 23rd February 2009

Comment

Red and Green cos lettuce, spring onions, Radish Globe and Cylindra.
          AKA Angie

Comment

Today I mostly harvested stones.

Comment

homegrown rhubarb cooked up with a little apple, now cooling for pudding later tonight.
              I am going to finish up a cabbage I picked on sunday, and am tempted to pick a few of the small broadies to go with it.
              My mind works like lightning, One brilliant flash and it is gone!

Comment

Then I felt a bit disappointed and went back to get some baby spinach.
                I also nearly harvested a rabbit that was eating the tops off my runner beans, but it just got away.

Comment

Lettuce, parsley, weeds and an onion leaf that I accidentally trod on cause it had fallen over and was leaning out of the pot!

Comment

Some rather long raddishes - a variety that I bought in Lidl - really nice as well.

BUT today was the first of the peas - oh yum.......container grown, not done that before and very worthwhile.

Comment

• A coupla huuuuuuge radishes (Scarlet Globe and Saxa) to put in my salad lunchbox tomorrow, plus spring greens/cabbages and fabulous purple mange tout which I added to a stir fry this evening!
                      come visit a garden
                      or read about mine www.suburbanvegplot.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Two onions, that I ate with my pork chops for tea! salad radishes and some spring onions. Getting really great to eat stuff I have grown. Even my 16 year old is excited by it!
                        WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

• WoW! You're doing fabulous harvesting in comparison to Trousers and I. I'm incredibly unorganised since moving house, and very envious of your triumphs.

And don't forget to keep an eye on the 'Season to Taste' and The Juicy equivalent sections of The Grapevine Forum for kind of what to do with what you harvest!! There's a lot of very talented cooks on this site to steer the produce into a tummy, a pan or a preserving jar.

And certainly, don't be shy to ask questions at all if there's something you'd like to know about what you're harvesting. Remember - there is no such thing as A Silly Question.
                          Every single one of us started to learn, just as you are now, and none of us stop learning.

Doesn't it feel great to grow when you can pick stuff and put it on your plate for tea?

Trousers and I had lettuce leaves, about 3 asparagus spears chopped up into little bits, on top of some crumbed haddock and oven chips, on account of the missing frozen peas I thought I had, mistakenly (!) And very lovely the leaves and 'Sparagus were too!

Comment

• A very small garlic bulb that I made garlic butter with to make garlic rolls with. *dribble*

Comment

• Some lettuce and rocket (not quite assucessful as the lettuve) to go with our burgers and buns. It was lovely. :-)))

Lets see what else comes good this year

Comment

• A single pea pod (which my 10 year old snaffled so no-one got a tast!); a mini gem cos lettuce;a 'spring onion' according to the man of the house (!!) which was actually a small 'proper' onion due to be harvested in several months!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X