Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anya potatoes, garlic, red onions, yellowstone carrots, swiss chard, spinach and pea shoots. The spuds were yummy!
    AKA Angie

Comment

• Spinach beet, garlic (dead chuffed, thought some one had knocked it over and its ready!) Peas, very small but hey
      WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

• This has got to be my most successful year so far and I am so so pleased.

Sugarsnap peas [my favorite GYO food by far - can you see me smiling?]
        & so many other types of peas
        Carrots, both round ones and various spring types - I have always found these poor before so this is really great.
        new pots - yum
        mizuna
        lettuce again - aren't the little gems special?
        raddish again
        alpine strawbs
        this seasons calvalo nero kale
        and yes - a couple of raspberries from my new raspberry bed
        Also there are flowers on the dwarf french and the runner beans, and baby round yellow courgettes coming up for the next few days.

It's going to be a great summer.

Ann

Comment

• just harvested my first 4 turnips, all a bit bigger than ping pong balls.im going to par boil them and then freeze for future use.
          also noticed my cabbages are huge and i could pick some leaves to use as summer greens, but i think ill wait till they get a head formed.
          a good put down line to use !

If having brains was a fatal disease, you would be the only survivor.

Comment

• First new tatties of the year (Rocket) and a couple of courgettes. Was seriously tempted to pick some broad beans but decide to leave them a few more days to fatten up. Everything in the garden is now storming away. Two of the apples and the cherry tree are laden with small fruit so let's hope for a bumper year.

Comment

• Yesterday as i turned to put my fourth & last lovely ripe strawberry into my trug i realised that as i'd been putting them into it, my dog Rosie had been taking them out & eating them - so three strawberries for her & one for me! Today, i was wise to her tricks & four strawberries for me and one little funny looking one for her! Also, Vivaldi spuds from patio pot & 4 onions.
              Last edited by Newbie; 14-06-2009, 02:48 PM.
              Jane,
              keen but (slightly less) clueless
              http://janesvegpatch.blogspot.com

Comment

• Today we picked our first lot of strawberries; 15 for us - 30 went to the slugs grrrrr

Comment

• Today we are having a salad with the first of the white cucumbers that I started from seed indoors in March, along with some mispoona, cos lettuces (that need thinning out) and some baby spinach and I may add some fresh lettuce leaf basil as well all tossed with a balsamic vinaigrette dressing (homemade). We potted on some sage plants that were started from seed and the aubergine plants, chilli peppers, tomatoes, peas, spring onions and bush beans are coming along a treat. Everything is in containers except some onions that I planted in the ground amongst the flowers in the woodland border. I wish we would have planted potatoes this year, but as we are new to container veg growing we decided to wait until next year to expand a bit. We are trialling three earthboxes this year and they are fantastic. Thanks to all for the tips on this forum.

Comment

• Today we picked more radish,which have turned out really well,and the kids have been nibbling on the straberries.We quite new to growing but have runner beans,sweet pepper,tomatoes,spring onion,mini cucs,to look forwards to.Cant wait until next year to turn more of the garden over to growing.Same here with all the tips on the forum.

jase.

Comment

• Yesterday i harvested my september sown garlic and was thrilled to bits to get such great return on it ! . Today i have cut a gorgeous cabbage grown for spring greens and left to heart up, plus some mangetout and sprouting broccoli . I love this time of year

Oooo...an yesterday i pulled two red onions to cook in with lamb and red wine. Yummy!!

Wren
                      Last edited by Wren; 14-06-2009, 03:26 PM.

Comment

• Picked 2lb of strawberries today, 1lb for each of us. Will have to find a recipe to do something with them as I only like one now and again. Also spuds are in full swing now and won't need to buy any till at least Xmas. Also had onions, cabbage and lettuce, peas and broadies still not quite there.

Ian

Comment

• I made a stirfry with home grown garlic, onions, pak choi and courgette.
                          My mind works like lightning, One brilliant flash and it is gone!

Comment

• Cabbage from last year, garlic, spinach and onions.

Penny
                            My photos at Webshots
                            Webshots

and

http://www.picturesofengland.com
                            Trowbridge, Wiltshire

Comment

• Rhubarb!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• 6 more strawberries. Mmmmm!
                                Jane,
                                keen but (slightly less) clueless