Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potted up the six tomato plants which will go in my conservatory and mini greenhouse (3 Monserrat, 3 Burlesque).
    Potted up the two cucumber plants to go in my conservatory.

Comment

• Planted out some more Spagna Bianca runner beans, along with three types of climbing French bean.
      Also covered the melons and squashes with fleece as it's going to be a bit chilly for the next few nights. I'd like to cover more stuff, but I don't have enough fleece. Lowest predicted is 6c, so I'm sure they'll cope.

Comment

• Sowed another row of carrots, pricked basil seedlings out into pots, bit of hoeing of weeds, tried to save a Lemonbalm that I took from the front and pot in a pot, but is dying, put some dahlias in a large terracotta pot on the deck, potted on some tomatoes.
        , sowed some more peas as don’t seem to have germinated.
        Last edited by annie8; 29-05-2022, 06:37 AM.

Comment

• Yesterday I planted out the last of my courgettes fleecing and cloched them.
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Watered all my little pots with seaweed fertiliser,I’ve put as many tomato plants as possible into the blowaways there’s a low of 6 degrees here tonight. Some tomato plants are indoors because there’s so many,there’s a tomato on this one,it’s a cream sausage
            Click image for larger version

Name:	A4039F2C-65C5-47E9-803C-7C3304BB2E08.jpeg
Views:	114
Size:	680.1 KB
ID:	2546579

Comment

• Fed Tom's, cucs and potatoes with comfrey. Arm pitted Tom's again ​​​​​

Comment

• Planted out one more squash plant, three pots of french beans, and four gherkin plants.
                Fed and watered most of the stuff at the allotment.

I also removed the fleece I had put on my melon, watermelon and squash plants. Covering them may have been a mistake. All of the uncovered plants (peppers, tomatoes, beans, sweetcorn, a few squashes I didn't have enough fleece for) have grown well in the 5 days since I was last there, despite the cold nights. The watermelons, however, seem to have gotten a bit singed under the fleece. Got too hot in the sun, I guess.
                They still have about half their leaves and the growing points are healthy and intact, though, so hopefully they should recover.

Comment

• Netted my strawberries they're just starting to turn red then planted out land cress.

Comment

• Planted out a courgette on the plot. Resowed carrots as only 2 in the row had shown their heads. The other row sown at the same time has better germination but no idea why. There is quite a bit of rain forecast so I hope it doesn’t wash the seed away.
                    Noticed some black fly on the broad beans but on the plus side my direct sown peas are up and not eaten - yet.

Comment

• Potted on herbs, watered containers and weeded parsnip bed again.

Comment

• Came home feom 3nights away. Thankfully all ok in the garden. Had been worried about the temp in the gh and my tomatoes but they were ok, just needing a good drink. Bit of weeding and planted on some cavolo nero I’d started inside.

Comment

• Down in Cornwall at the moment visiting relatives. Popped into Trago Mills on the way to pick up some cheap gardening supplies and managed to get two 15kg bags of pelleted poultry manure for £13.60. That's less than half of what it costs me to buy from Wilko, and even Wilko is cheaper than most other places near me.
                          I got through four 7kg tubs this year between both my garden and allotment, so those two bags should do me for all of next year, then I can buy some more on my way to Cornwall late next year.

Comment

• ^^^
                            Trago Mills is a strange place, even by Cornish standards, and we do strange quite well.

Edit: Just remembered the episode of the Trago Mills plane. Fortunately the RAF looked the other way when Trago offered it to them. Can you imagine flying in a Trago Mills plane? There's one for sale here https://afors.com/aircraftView/48667...obatic-Trainer
                            Last edited by quanglewangle; 06-06-2022, 07:24 AM.
                            I live in a part of the UK with very mild winters. Please take this into account before thinking "if he is sowing those now...."

Comment

• I repaired the tire on a wheel barrow that came my way for free.
                              Few people bother for some reason.
                              Near Worksop on heavy clay soil

Comment

• Rained most of yesterday so the only gardening I did was to feed my GH toms.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X