Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reinstalled the automatic vent opener in the greenhouse. Summer is coming!
    I live in a part of the UK with very mild winters. Please take this into account before thinking "if he is sowing those now...."

Comment

Potted on tomatoes, planted module sown lettuce into troughs. Started chatting parsnips in take out boxes.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Sowed some radish seeds.
        Finished mulching my fruit bushes and trees.
        Another plot holder who lives just next door to the allotments offered me half a dumpy bag of wood chip and a bin half full of chicken poo, so I dragged them both down to my plot and mixed the chicken manure in with the wood chip. By next year it should be a decent mulch for my fruit bushes and such.
        Also started on digging another one of the beds, but didn't get very far.

Comment

What I am doing today (this is live from my allotment...)
          spuds planted.
          one bed I planned to put them in was a bit of a mess, as it had veg (carrots and leeks) I harvested in stages, so it never got stripped out. Girded my loins to clear it, then re-checked my notes. Can't put them in, there were spuds in there last year. So switched to a cleared bed.

next job is to put the bean frame up. Hmmm, planned bean bed is now full of spuds... so I need to put the bean frame up in the bed the spuds were going to be in...

yup, the one that was a mess. Hey ho... didn't need to clear the potato bed, just had to clear the same bed re-listed as a bean bed...

nice day for it though.

Comment

I was fast enough to catch a pheasant for the pot. My plot is less than a mile from an official shoot so we do get a bit of overspill some times.
            Being told that it is not allowed indoors until it is plucked is the norm.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF7500.JPG
Views:	145
Size:	306.1 KB
ID:	2543116
            Near Worksop on heavy clay soil

Comment

Pulled the last of the black kale from the brassica cage, topped the beds with compost and planted out peas grown in guttering.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	Peas-in-gutters.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	942.6 KB
ID:	2543124 Click image for larger version

Name:	Peas-out.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	1,011.0 KB
ID:	2543125
              Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Looking good there MrB

I'm just chitting my peas so yesterday I filled guttering ready for my pea to go in.

Just checked and some ready to sow. I'll do those this morning.

Comment

Potted up 3 types of lettuce and moved them to the cold frame, along with sweet peas, radishes and spring onions.

Comment

Planted out 140 Golden Bear onions and a 60 cell tray of multi-sown beetroot, also pricked out a 60 cell tray of celeriac.
                    Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Trimmed up and tied in the loganberry stems.
                      Pruned the rambling rose and buddleia.
                      Started on pruning the big cherry tree (done about three-quarters).

Comment

• Potted on nasturtiums, planted out what were last year's strawberry runners.
                        Sown last chitted peas into guttering.

Comment

• Emptied one of my Daleks onto what will be my pea bed, turned another Dalek.
                          Pulled up bolted chard and self seeded land cress.

Comment

• Yesterday I potted on orange banana,peacevine cherry & German red strawberry tomato seedlings they all sound like other fruit more to do soon,I noticed some haven’t germinated,I wonder what ones they are,I could have a quick look…..it’s balconi red,four cells no germination,I just watered them on a tray with a bit of seaweed feed….

Comment

• Planted out my gutter of mangetout seedlings.
                              Did some more digging.

Comment

• Finally the planets aligned, well not so much the planets, but my availability, the wind gust speeds, wind direction and all round dryness so I was able to finally have my very overdue and desperately needed bonfire. 2 hours of ferrying piles of twigs etc and 2.5hrs of burning.
                                I am so glad it is done.
                                Nestled somewhere in the Cambridgeshire Fens. Good soil, strong winds and 4 Giant Puffballs! https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif
                                Always aim for the best result possible not the best possible result
                                https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...ilies/wink.gif
                                Forever indebted to Potstubsdustbins https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X