This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by annie8 View Post
    Are folk planting out their courgettes, squash etc. yet ? Been getting mine ready by putting them in the cold frame but thinking I might get them out this weekend.
    Eek! Forgot all about squashes. Thanks annie8
    I live in a part of the UK with very mild winters. Please take this into account before thinking "if he is sowing those now...."

Comment

• Mine are going direct into there final positions under sheets of glass saved from old double glazed windows.
      The glass is supported on blocks of baked hard clay that will remain to be washed into the soil once the glass is off.
      Near Worksop on heavy clay soil

Comment

• Mine are still very small & would get eaten by slugs overnight if I plant them out,I’m bringing them indoors tonight,there’s a low of seven degrees…

Comment

• I have still got some real slug pellets left.
          There is no transplant stress with them in small.

Comment

• Another planting day

While I rained I planted basil in my GH border then once it stopped it was the gardens turn

Spinach
            ​​​​​​Chard
            Mustard spinach
            Chamomile
            Coriander
            Pansies
            Last edited by Bren In Pots; 11-05-2022, 06:22 PM.
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Set up the metal frame for one of my bean frames.
              Planted out some of my overwintered pepper plants from last year.
              Resowed beetroot and carrots to replaced the slugged ones.
              Did some more digging.

Comment

• Planted Nasturtiums 6 are going to grow up a tripod, some will trail up the side of the log store, then others across the courgette beds.
                Fed toms with comfrey.

Comment

• Repotted my melon, watermelon and cucumber plants.

Comment

• Moved some over wintered cape gooseberries and planted out some cucumbers and melons.

Comment

• Ferreted around in the pot where the courgette was allegedly sown a week ago and found a seed with a small root! Gently replaced.
                      More potting on of tomatoes and the squash seem to need it too after only 4 days.
                      Celeriac and beetroot planted on plot.

Comment

• Finished my digging for this year.
                        Started on my bean frames. I sorted all of the canes into long and short piles, and set up two wigwams.
                        Also started laying down the black plastic. I did the bit for the sweetcorn, two of the watermelons, and three of the squashes.

Comment

• Potted on my 2 Minibell Tom's these aren't going in the GH border they're going to be pot grown.
                          ​​​​​​Planted out land dress.

Comment

• Sowed the last of the peas direct, planted out the remaining beetroot seedlings. Planted out courgettes, onion squash and crown Prince pumpkin. Potted more tomatoes onto their second last pot. Also planted out a couple of dahlias, and pricked out nigella blue and white seedlings.

Comment

• Ran the clippers over the fuchsia hedge around the cottage garden.

A bit late as is was starting to flower but it's really resilient and birds don't seem to nest in it so not too concerned.
                              I live in a part of the UK with very mild winters. Please take this into account before thinking "if he is sowing those now...."

Comment

• Planted my Kales under the brassica cage, gave away my last 2 spare toms. Moved courgettes into cold frame.

Watched the Lancaster bomber fly over our area

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X