Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repotted some chilli plants I bought on the cheap into bigger pots. If anyone is near Bicester, Bicester garden centre has plenty of habaneros, Trinidad Scorpians etc at £1 a pot atm.

Comment

• Fed and watered my tomatoes. There are some toms on the Shirley, Maskotka, and Salisaw Cafe plants.
      Potted my cucumber into a builders bucket.
      Fed the peppers, there are buds on the Padron peppers.

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Came back from five days away, so went to the allotment to inspect the damage.
        It rained a far bit, so nothing needed watering, but I have lost two of four gherkins to slugs (I do have one back-up plant at home, at least), and one watermelon to some sort of stem damage (looks like maybe sun scorch), with another watermelon have slug damage to the stem which may prove fatal.
        Everything else seems to be growing well, though, including the weeds...

Comment

• Pinched out the tops on my Telephone peas the plants get to top heavy otherwise, weeded GH borders, watered/fed container plants.
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Tied up the cucumber plants.

Very late after two failed starts due to damping off. I know damping off is preventable and I know how to prevent it, but didn't work this year.
            I live in a part of the UK with very mild winters. Please take this into account before thinking "if he is sowing those now...."

Comment

• Yesterday, nipped out in my lunchtime to pick broad beans a d tie up my blauhilde beans (flipping things have been ignoring the sticks they have been planted by, and are trying to grow on the ground... about the only one growing up a cane is growing up it's neighbour's cane...)

weekend, planted out brassica and some carrots.

Comment

• I’ve been planting out tomatoes,marigolds,peppers & cucumbers in containers,not many tho it’s taking a while. I put two bean teepees up for the perennial runner beans that have come up far apart,this years plants can go in soon. Reduced the amount of pears again,tied in the grapevine. Pruned some shrubs in my growing area. My raised beds old & collapsed on one side,wood rotting,I need to sort that area out for my brassica house,I do have some wood to make a new raised bed…..

Comment

• More potting on of tomatoes. Half now in final bucket sized pots, the rest are in second to last pots.

Comment

• Planted out my back-up gherkin to replace the eaten ones. Also planted out some asparagus pea and vegetable mallow plants.
                    Weeded the broccoli, carrots and beetroot, and covered the carrots with fine mesh.

Comment

• Set beer traps amongst my French beans because by the slug damage it looks like my Hedgehog has left the garden.
                      Last edited by Bren In Pots; 10-06-2022, 08:22 AM.

Comment

• Hoed the sweetcorn. (dreadful weedy surroundings cropped out)
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	Compress_20220610_100346_6363.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	1.67 MB
ID:	2547100
                        I live in a part of the UK with very mild winters. Please take this into account before thinking "if he is sowing those now...."

Comment

• Mowed the back lawn & planted out my sweetcorn behind the borage,picked several strawberries. Watered the plants in the blowaways. It was my runner beans first day out today,they’re back indoors for the night because of snails,I’ll plant them out soon with copper tape protection loads to plant out still,I’ve grown more than ever before,I know because I used all my little pots,I’ve freed up a few now but I don’t need them,I’ve got too many plants

Comment

• Is there such a thing as too many plants? Surely not.

Comment

• Originally posted by annie8 View Post
                              Is there such a thing as too many plants? Surely not.
                              Who ever told you that Annie is fibbing

Today I've fed my potatoes, courgettes and cucs with comfrey.

Comment

• Annie, there is no such thing as too many plants.
                                There's always space for just one more.

Taking a break from a heavy shower.
                                Fed and watered my tomatoes, peppers and cucumbers.
                                Picked a small dish of strawberries.
                                Tied in my tomatoes that are getting very tall.

Hope everyone is having a good afternoon.

And when your back stops aching,
                                And your hands begin to harden.
                                You will find yourself a partner,
                                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X