Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moved my strawberry plants apart to give them a bit more space, moved some rocket to another bed. The rest of the day spent planning for my flower beds, what needs moved, where I’m going to put the plants currently in the greenhouse and trying to remember what is where. Need to calm my enthusiasm to sow lots of seeds I don’t have any space left.

Comment

Raked the potato bed and to heat it up a bit, covered with black weed membrane, while raking the soil I uncovered several worms, happy to see those, especially after finding three flatworms recently
      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Pricked out about 10 tomatoes. Bit earlier than I would want to but they were looking leggy.

Comment

Carried the big bag of shreddings to the allotment.
          Used some bags of manure to fill some of the raised beds and large planters.
          Dug over the patch were I'll plant my onions.

Comment

Yesterday rather than today, but we started a really good tidy-up in the garden.

Pulled up the old plants including the failed carrots (carrot fly) and discovered that the parsnips weren't actually a complete failure! Shelled some dried runner beans which we might try to grow. Pruned the two-timer raspberries and cut back dead bits of the flowering plants in the border. Some weeding.

It felt good to be out there again!

Comment

Emptied my H/propagator next sowing will be cucs and courgettes in a few weeks time.

Removed self seeded Land cress from what will be my parsnip area.
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Fed all of my fruit plants in the back garden with poultry manure.

Comment

Annoyed to discover that the red cherry and gardeners delight seeds i planted were use before 2021. That might explain the poor germination. So I stuck the rest of the seeds in and we will hope I get enough germinating from that

Comment

Finally dry enough to do the first cut of the lawns at the front of the house.
                    (The back of the house however is now about 10” long and sopping wet again after last night’s rain.)
                    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

I tried running the rotavator over the parsnip patch. The ground was a bit wet and the manure was not fully rotted. It was hard going.
                      Near Worksop on heavy clay soil

Comment

Spread some compost on what will be my potato bed.
                        Planted all of my onion sets. About 120.

Comment

Potted up my sweet and Cayenne peppers. I also sowed a couple of tomatoes.

Comment

Finished making my triple bay compost bin from pallets and old concrete slabs. I am knackered but chuffed to bits that it is done
                            Nestled somewhere in the Cambridgeshire Fens. Good soil, strong winds and 4 Giant Puffballs! https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif
                            Always aim for the best result possible not the best possible result
                            https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...ilies/wink.gif
                            Forever indebted to Potstubsdustbins https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif

Comment

Trimmed the tussocky grass around the edges of my allotment paths.
                              Spread some more manure.
                              Sieved out some more soil from the communal compost bin (dumping pile) to fill my new raised bed.

Comment

I tidied up the pond in the garden at home.
                                Sowed some luffa seeds - first time trying them. 🌱

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X