This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just stunning Mr Bones
    I live in a part of the UK with very mild winters. Please take this into account before thinking "if he is sowing those now...."

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Bones View Post
      For the last few days we've been topping up the wood chip paths. It all looks neat and tidy for now but I'm sure the blackbirds will soon change that..
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Paths-topped.jpg
Views:	6147
Size:	1.22 MB
ID:	2540035
      That's significantly neater and tidier than my plot... And even my plot is neater and tidier than most of my neighbours'. Our site is a bit wild.

Comment

Very nice Mr Bones.

Yesterday I tidied my GH pulling up Marigolds and moving around my lettuce pots removing tired looking leaves, in the beds pulled up bolted chard then bagged up more leaves.
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Planted out a potted akebia at the allotment.
          Tidied up the strawberry bed (weeding and cutting off the dead leaves).
          Rigged up wires for the new grape vines I planted last year.

Comment

Loads of weeding near the front door.
            Planted out the pansies in the window boxes .
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Bones View Post
              For the last few days we've been topping up the wood chip paths. It all looks neat and tidy for now but I'm sure the blackbirds will soon change that..

Name:	Paths-topped.jpg
Views:	6147
Size:	1.22 MB
ID:	2540035
              That is stunning.
              Nestled somewhere in the Cambridgeshire Fens. Good soil, strong winds and 4 Giant Puffballs! https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif
              Always aim for the best result possible not the best possible result
              https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...ilies/wink.gif
              Forever indebted to Potstubsdustbins https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif

Comment

Wow Mr. B that's beautiful!

I see you've taken all the lower leaves off the cabbages. Is this to keep the pigeons away, or another reason?
                My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
                Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin H View Post
                  Wow Mr. B that's beautiful!

I see you've taken all the lower leaves off the cabbages. Is this to keep the pigeons away, or another reason?
                  They've stopped growing now so less hiding places for slugs and less surface area to catch the wind.
                  Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Weeded the asparagus bed.
                    Dug out the blackberry plant I don't want anymore (it cropped well, but the taste was sub-par and the plant itself too large and very thorny).
                    Dug up the new gooseberry plant I made by layering my current one back in the spring. I shall plant it in its new space tomorrow.

Comment

Yesterday I dug out my old red gooseberry plants (which I had too many of), and replaced them with the new green gooseberry (Invicta) which I had layered.
                      I also pruned the blackcurrant and apples in the back garden.

Today I cut back the lavender at the allotment ready for digging out, and cleared the dead crocosmia leaves from under it. I have new plans for that section, so both the lavender and crocosmia have to go.

Comment

That plot is amazing Mr Bones...

I got a nice portion of Broccoli (calabrese) today, and some leeks.

did a bit of weeding.

I have 8 bags of compost to add to the beds, bit I'm waiting for the bean test to show it's free of aminopyralid.

Comment

Finally got off my backside during the warmest day of the year so far and took out the greenhouse staging and propagators, then cleaned the glass on the inside of both greenhouses. I'll fumigate them tomorrow, then I'll clean the outside glass on the next warm day.
                          Location:- Rugby, Warwckshire on Limy clay (within sight of the Cement factory)

Comment

I cut the grass...so warm and dry today.

Comment

Dug over where the potatoes are going. Another week or ten days and they will be going in. Will rake it clean tomorrow and set out the fleece so it warms up a bit.

I live in a part of the UK with very mild winters. Please take this into account before thinking "if he is sowing those now...."

Comment

Fumigated the first greenhouse. Got the paraffin soaked wicks on the sulfur* candles a bit too enthusiastic, but they did the job anyway.

*Correct IUPAC speeling nowadays...

Name:	sulfur.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	611.9 KB
ID:	2540436
                                Location:- Rugby, Warwckshire on Limy clay (within sight of the Cement factory)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X