Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got out in the garden for a little while, enjoying the sunshine. I sowed some more Micro Cherry seeds for gifts for friends

I also sowed sand leeks, both outside and indoors, and a whole load of Shishito peppers.

I've prepared so that I can shuffle pots to the conservatory tomorrow, and it will be a shuffle - I walk like a 90 year old at the moment lol

My beloved will dig some for the base for the new greenhouse tomorrow, with the help of his daughter. She's offered, but he isn't aware yet what's on his list lol I will sow more seeds and pot up some plants I've acquired but not yet planted. I can't manage anything but sedentary activity. Might sow some peas outdoors too.
    https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

Pricked out more chillis and tomatoes into individual pots. Bought some spring onion, beetroot and purple sprouting broccoli seedlings to give me a head start. Did a major prune of an old snowberry bush at the side of the house.

Comment

Pricked out summer cabbage
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Cabbage.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	813.3 KB
ID:	2542714
        Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Grafted a fourth tomato plant. The three that I did on Monday seem ok. Got one out of two grafted cucumbers hanging on, though there's some growth from the rootstock that I'll have to try to remove.

Potted on the chilli seedlings, only three varieties this year. Planted some basil cuttings that have been in a pot of water for the last 10 days.
          Location:- Rugby, Warwckshire on Limy clay (within sight of the Cement factory)

Comment

Busy day - pricked out tomato, chilli and aubergine seeds into small pots to the bedroom; sowed tray of herbs (3 varieties basil, parsley, red perilla, lovage, wild fennel and lemon balm); sowed tray of salad leaves; moved very leggy celeria to the greenhouse for light; sowed a few trial beetroot in Jiffy 7s in the heated prop; took potatoes and broad beans up to my new allotment, and planted out two root-trainer trays of BB (one more tray to go in a few days!). Exhausted, but it feels good!! The allotment is very clay - such a difference from my raised beds at home which are no-dig and largely composted over years! Now need to replan the allotment a bit to allow for the BB having moved

Comment

Potted on some dwarf bush tomatoes. Sowed some vine tomatoes.

Comment

Potted up my Begonia and Callas. Cut back my Clematis.
                Nestled somewhere in the Cambridgeshire Fens. Good soil, strong winds and 4 Giant Puffballs! https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif
                Always aim for the best result possible not the best possible result
                https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...ilies/wink.gif
                Forever indebted to Potstubsdustbins https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif

Comment

Well, Sunday, but finally started planting seeds.

tomatoes in the heated propogator, and beetroot and early carrot in the greenhouse

Comment

Sieved out some more barrow loads of compost to fill my big tubs and raised beds.
                    Mulched some more of the fruit with cardboard and spent hops.

Also tested the soil temperature. It was 10-14c, depending on the area. Should be warm enough to plant my early potatoes, so I'll do that in a few days.

Comment

Got my onions in today. Did some weeding and admired the daffodils hope everyone had a great day

Comment

MrB cut the grass yesterday then today I’ve dug up the last parsnips.
                        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Bit drizzly today, so I didn't go to the allotment. Instead I did some jobs at home.
                          I potted up some pre-sprouted pepper and cape gooseberry seeds.
                          I mulched most of my garden fruit with compost.
                          And I pruned the Japanese quince and the two big roses.

Comment

OH laid a few slabs and connected a splitter to the down pipe on the back of baby barn - so now I have a water butt next to the greenhouse! Though - with the amount of water today - it was full in less than 30mins and spilling excess all over the ground - need to dig some sort of soakaway I guess (too close to next door to let it run off)

Comment

Sowed some seeds and planted up some plug plants that I ordered a while back. Such a beautiful day. And got my first frog this year in the pond

Comment

Planted my early and second early potatoes at the allotment.
                                Finished sieving out all of the soil from the old compost (dumping) bins.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X