Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I haven't been on here for ages, but it's been SO COLD lately I wanted to check up and see what you were saying, Penellype!

It's actually drying out here - I think I missed the one day a year our soil is perfect for digging... ;-) But we had a frost on (I think) Friday and the air temperature is just brutal.

Plus Storm Jocelyn took out half my greenhouse which I still haven't fixed, so safe places for plants are in short supply!

Hope you all have a good growing season, in spite of the weather.

Comment

• 1Bee lovely to see you
      Sorry to hear about your greenhouse. Very frustrating.
      We too had a light frost last night.
      I think I may need to buy more fleece!
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Things should start to warm up a bit now, although nothing to write home about.

Sorry to hear about your greenhouse 1Bee.

Limited time here due to dealing with workmen following a water leak.
        A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

• Certainly been warmer for a change
          Northern England.

Comment

• Its been t-shirt weather here
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• I've been in my shorts
              Northern England.

Comment

• Very warm here too - enjoy it while it lasts as its back to cooler and wetter Sunday/Monday depending on where you live. The rain arrives from the south west.
                A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

• Wonderful show of the Northern Lights last night, and more expected tonight. Well worth having a look, even if you live in the south and have lots of light pollution! In York, seen through security lights, street lamps and car headlights, half the sky was lit up with faint stripes, and after I drove a mile or so out of the light I could see faint green and pink colours in the mix, stretching from east to west and overhead. It lasted hours. Unfortunately my phone camera wouldn't pick it up and all my attempts just came out black, but there are some fabulous photos online, albeit much brighter colours than seen with the naked eye due to long exposures.

Comment

• We couldn’t see anything here when we looked even though we had a clear sky..think maybe we looked too early.

Have a look at this link - apparently there’s a chance of more this evening!

https://www.swpc.noaa.gov/products/a...inute-forecast

Comment

• We had 26C yesterday and this afternoon is forecast to be hotter- then rain apparently for the next week.
                      Any updates on how long it might last please Pen?
                      I’ve abandoned all domestics to crack on and enjoy being out in the sunshine today

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                        We couldn’t see anything here when we looked even though we had a clear sky..think maybe we looked too early.

Have a look at this link - apparently there’s a chance of more this evening!

https://www.swpc.noaa.gov/products/a...inute-forecast
                        I went out several times and was about to go to bed at 11pm when I decided to have one more try. I looked north and saw nothing, sighed and looked upwards to have a glance at the stars, and was irritated to see a veil of "cloud" over the sky above my head. Then I realized it wasn't cloud at all. I expected more colour and also for it to be in the north rather than overhead, and I could very easily have missed it through looking in the wrong place, even though it was very spectacular.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                          We had 26C yesterday and this afternoon is forecast to be hotter- then rain apparently for the next week.
                          Any updates on how long it might last please Pen?
                          I’ve abandoned all domestics to crack on and enjoy being out in the sunshine today
                          Yes, the weather is due to break from the south west, with probable thunderstorms (there is a yellow warning for most of the west of the UK). Most of the models keep it wet and around or slightly above average temperatures for the next week or so, with the possibility of a change to higher pressure maybe around or after next weekend, but that is very uncertain.

As for the aurora, the sun is extremely active at the moment and further solar flares are happening today. The main issue will be having a clear sky to see any aurora, but the current one, which has been on red alert since late yesterday afternoon, is the strongest since 2003.
                          Last edited by Penellype; 11-05-2024, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X