X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Thanks Pen just looked and we're forecast 3c here.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Thanks Pen- much appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• Penellype
    replied
    WARNING - incoming cold nights. Tuesday and Wednesday nights in particular are looking cold enough for frost, but whenever the sky is clear at night there will be a risk of frost for the next couple of weeks at least. Make sure any tender plants are covered up.

Leave a comment:

• Containergardener
    replied
    One thing I've never fathomed, putting away winter clothes/bringing out summer clothes. Maybe it is where I live but I never seem to get enough of the same weather , or have enough clothes perhaps.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    ^^^ bit like my thermals Pen!…back on to wearing them again today

Leave a comment:

• Penellype
    replied
    April is always a bit frustrating - you just think things have warmed up and another cold night arrives. The next few days are going to be unusually warm for April, but next week it is likely to get much colder with more frosts possible mid week, so don't put the fleece away yet!

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    I feel frustrated about my fruit blossom. I know the mature trees stagger their own flowering dates over a couple of weeks or so , so that some fruit might survive, but it does seem such a waste doesn’t it?

Leave a comment:

• Containergardener
    replied
    Showing 1 for me so have fleeced some things in case . Double figures tomorrow night

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Thanks Pen - all sorted here, but thanks for the warning.

Temperatures have dropped by 10C on yesterday’s , starting yesterday evening.
    Driving home this afternoon the car registered 7C (17C yesterday ) but the chill factor took it down to 1C

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Thanks Pen I’ve just checked for my area and it’s down to 2c.
    Oddly the other day it was 12c overnight in my GH.

Leave a comment:

• Penellype
    replied
    Sorry for the short notice, but it could be quite cold tonight with potential ground frost. If you have any tender plants outside it would be a good idea to cover them up.

Leave a comment:

• Containergardener
    replied
    Originally posted by sandspider View Post
    We actually had a nice day here today. Sun, proper hot sun! First bbq of the year
    Snap, bbq

Leave a comment:

• sandspider
    replied
    We actually had a nice day here today. Sun, proper hot sun! First bbq of the year

Leave a comment:

• Penellype
    replied
    I just want it to dry up for a bit - I tried to plant a couple of marigolds in the flowerbed today. It isn't soil, its mud. Completely saturated.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    ^^^^ that’s actually good news Pen after all the heatwaves and droughts we’ve had over the recent summers.
    Hmmmm…on second thoughts…the weeds would like that too!

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X