This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Penellype's Weather Channel 2

I've been asked to start a new thread on this subject as the old one is rather long. The old thread can be found here https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...eather-channel.
    A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Thanks Pen!
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Thanks Pen, I have moved the old one and archived it in the Weather and Climate area for safe keeping.

Comment

Woohoo, fresh start! Looking forward to more predictions and explanations.

Comment

Cool and changeable weather continues for most of next week, with the possibility of some thunderstorms tomorrow. Next weekend the models are starting to show a very hot day or so before it deteriorates into a thundery breakdown. There is of course also the possibility that this will not actually happen.

After a quiet couple of weeks 2 tropical storms have formed in the Atlantic, which is now looking like becoming quite active. It is too early to say if one of these is coming our way, but one of the things that can kick start a change in the weather is a nicely positioned ex-hurricane.
          A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

I looked were the rain is going to be ,and it looks like it going to miss us again...please say i am wrong...

Comment

Originally posted by Ms-T View Post
              I looked were the rain is going to be ,and it looks like it going to miss us again...please say i am wrong...
              It depends where you are! By the end of Monday I think most places will have seen some rain. There is the possibility of some heavy showers and thunderstorms today particularly in Ireland and the south of England. More general rain likely on Monday, with some quite large totals possible in places depending on which weather model you look at. Central areas currently look most at risk of heavy rain on Monday but this could change.

Comment

We have more than we probably need just now.............................tipping it down, water butts overflowing.........musn't grumble I guess.

Comment

It does seem to be a case of all or nothing this year.

Comment

Yes, we're drenched. The grass is a foot high and it never gets dry enough to cut with my blunt old push mower!

Comment

I got a rain measure a couple of weeks ago for fun....12mm since Sunday, not far off an inch in old money.
                      Mostly flowers, some fruit and veg, at the seaside in Edinburgh.

Comment

Very wet here too - I collected half a dustbin full of water from my bin lids, bucket, wheelbarrow and trays yesterday.

Comment

Very hot weather expected now for Friday into Saturday with mid 30s possible in parts of the south. It won't last long but is likely to be a bit of a shock to the system after the unusually cool temperatures recently!

Comment

I'm already mentally packing the swimming cossies and the picnic and selecting my lake... :-D

Comment

Penellype Hope things are well.
                              Whats august like? heat wave? i hope.
                              Think there is some big tropical storms over the other side of the pond.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X