This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Currysniffa View Post
    I've repotted the chilli/sweet peppers ,aubergines and cucumbers today there now in final positions in the greenhouse new greenhouse. Forgot to take a photo but shot some video.

Edit: Took photo this morning, best I could do with this phone (upgrade next month \o/)

Wow! that is one tidy greenhouse!!!!

Mine is a real mess by comparison !
    I think this might be my greenhouse ( very amateur) and other trivia blog page!!! Do feel free to drop in !

http://bradlo107.wordpress.com/

Comment

• Finally remembered to take the camera to the plot and take some pics.

'Greenhouse' was built by a previous tennant and the door is only nose high. At the moment the left hand side is being used to bring plants on for lottie shop and to store stuff (as in a shed). I replaced the scaffold board on one side of the path though. Will concentrate on the rest next year.

At the moment I only have half of the plot, the right hand side as you look out of the door.
      Attached Files
      Whether you think you can or whether you think you can't, you are probably right.
      Edited: for typo, thakns VC

Comment

• Originally posted by bradlo View Post
        Wow! that is one tidy greenhouse!!!!

Mine is a real mess by comparison !
        All the mess is in the shed! I wouldn't dare post a pic of what that looks like at the mo
        Chris

My Allotment Journal @
        Google+ and Youtube

https://plus.google.com/106010041709270771598/posts

http://www.youtube.com/user/GrowingJournal/videos
        -

Updated Regularly-Last Update was 30-05-16

Comment

• Because I can join in now...

Comment

• Originally posted by WillyNelson View Post
            Because I can join in now...

Only 8 tom plants - only jokin, are you planning on putting anything else in your GH willy?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt94 View Post
              Only 8 tom plants - only jokin, are you planning on putting anything else in your GH willy?
              4 normal & 4 cherry. Will see how that does us this year and rethink for next if necessary.
              cucumbers and peppers going at the back right and chillies will go on the shelves once the squashes move outside.

Next year I'll have beds in there as opposed to bags so might be bale to squeeze a bit more in. I'd quite like to try melons.

Comment

• TBH i think you will be fine with the 8 plants, and i think you may be over-run with toms in a few months time - i stupidly have got around 40 plants to deal with (around 8 varieties), so i havent got a clue what im gonna be doing with all the toms they produce - thats if the produce anything lol

Comment

• Thats good because we like toms. Though my daughter told me I'm not allowed to eat any of them because she like them... or cucumbers, strawberries or raspberries. She only comes with me to the allotment to eat the raspberries!

Comment

• Hmm my nieces are like that with the peas - 'Is that one ready, and what about this one'

Comment

• Right ive just set up my irrigation system in the GH on my toms plants, how time flies when your having fun (it took me 1hr - but only felt like 10 mins lol) - i will add pics in a bit (when the camera batteries have charged )

Comment

• SS - how very tidy your half is though I like your paths, they look so clean. I think if your paths look good, it helps everything else look good.

Mr Nelson - again, lovely and tidy. Yours is the sort of greenhouse i aspire to, rather than an overcrowded mish mash which mine usually is but has been somewhat tidied by June. Thanks ot the weather though, I've had to pot on more than I usually do and it's still a mish mash...

Comment

• Well here are the pics of the Irrigation system:
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Matt94; 13-06-2012, 05:46 PM.

Comment

• ooo...I missed a whole page of lovely pics!! Matt, I dont understand your irrigation set up, can you explain it? I think I need one...
                            March - keep posting, a polytunnel by any other name etc
                            Chris, nice I dont know what it is, maybe because I'm not neat, but I really like seeing tidy greenhouses
                            Last edited by taff; 13-06-2012, 05:58 PM.

Comment

• Hi taff, its a fairly simple set-up realy, its basically a unit that holds water (if you look at the first pic you will be able to see the water container to the right) - off of that you have an outlet (like a mini water butt tap), at the outlet you connect a hose which then goes to a 'Dripper' (Second Pic), then theres a bit of hose connecting each 'Dripper' to each other.

Its just a way of feeding the toms gradually, so that they have a chance to absorb the water/feed, and it ensures that very little water is wasted (compared to when i water with the watering can - which results in water gushing out of the bottom of the pots).

Ive just read that back and i think it makes sense - if it doesn't i will try and explain it better - anyway i would have added better pics but the battery on the camera run out
                              Last edited by Matt94; 13-06-2012, 06:28 PM.

Comment

• hmm..makes sense..I tried setting up a capilliary matting thing, but ended up with a tray full of water because it just wouldn't stop wicking...I did it wrong I expect. I'll search out a bit of tubing or something...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X