Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not as good as last year but got loads coming now, Ive taken of alot of the leaves as it was like a jungle.

Attached Files
    Last edited by maverick451; 29-08-2016, 04:55 PM.

Comment

• Some impressive greenhouses here!

Here's my effort... 8' X 6' in its first year...

Currently housing 98 onions after the rain yesterday, along with 3 chillies, 4 toms, 1 pepper (I know, got my chilli and pepper quantities the wrong way round), a couple of pots of salad leaves...

Absolutely love having a greenhouse!

PS How do you insert bigger pics than these poxy thumbnails?
      Attached Files

Comment

• Oh wow, that's a great way of doing tomatoes, loving the way they all hang down

Comment

• Originally posted by 68lbs View Post
          Some impressive greenhouses here!

Here's my effort... 8' X 6' in its first year...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]68362[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]68363[/ATTACH]

Currently housing 98 onions after the rain yesterday, along with 3 chillies, 4 toms, 1 pepper (I know, got my chilli and pepper quantities the wrong way round), a couple of pots of salad leaves...

Absolutely love having a greenhouse!

PS How do you insert bigger pics than these poxy thumbnails?
          Yeah, 68lbs ~ GH's Rock!! (Well hopefully, not - but you know what I mean....???!!!!!!!! )

Photos are a bit of an issue on here - I can't explain it I'm afraid - the 'tech guys' will be along to answer shortly, I'm sure ...!!!

I love your hanging toms, too! I'm also liking the thingy you've got your onions drying on!
          ~~~ Gardening is medicine that does not need
          a prescription ... And with no limit on dosage.
          - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

• Below is the link to the latest video of the View from the Greenhouse Door

https://youtu.be/Q67Z9ME7-bc
            sigpic
            . .......Man Vs Slug
            Click Here for my Diary and Blog
            Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Blimey and I only one still doing stuff in the greenhouse?

See latest video at Alans Allotment: View from my Greenhouse Door
              sigpic
              . .......Man Vs Slug
              Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Mine's been a bit neglected and empty for a couple of months but I'm starting to overwinter a few young plants in there now. Five 'Pink Fizz' fuchsias, Bearded Iris, Virginia Creeper, couple of Clematis, Trollius, couple of Salvias etc - mostly small young plants I've either got from Wilko, Fleabay or Morrisons for a £1.

Attached Files
                Last edited by Gillykat; 01-11-2016, 08:50 PM.
                If I'm not on the Grapevine I can usually be found here!....https://www.thecomfreypatch.co.uk/

Comment

• An update on the onion experiment on this view from the greenhouse door see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSQ6NCFZ_RY
                  sigpic
                  . .......Man Vs Slug
                  Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Mine got a pre-winter spit & polish today! Plant hokey-cokey, some accidental elbowing in the head of Him Indoors, who'd wanted to help, much splashing of water and many urgent pleas by the allotment cat for treats & head scratches and here it is, all sparkly and kitted out with soon-to-be-dead chillies and pepinos, which I don't have room for at home!

Attached Files
                    Last edited by sparrow100; 06-11-2016, 11:16 PM.
                    http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

• The order of the day was to sort out the bottom of the space saver greenhouse and remove the celery that quite frankly just was not growing and developing as it should,

With the additional space I can now spread out the onions that have grown so well that they are beginning to touch the bottom of the trays above.

So top shelf the trays on the sloping ends have been moved to the bottom.

Only the Tree or Walking onions now remain on the second level allowing the onions on the third layer to grow beyond the second

The bottom layer layout will be modified if it becomes necessary to use the terracotta pot heater the wifi thermometer monitor has been moved to the bottom of the greenhouse to keep an eye on the temperature at that level.**
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Cadalot; 15-12-2016, 01:41 PM.
                      sigpic
                      . .......Man Vs Slug
                      Nutters Club Member

Comment

• New thread for 2017 http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...7-a_93805.html

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X