Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh, I see , it was quite a big plant then ... I bought 5 small plants for my basket experiment.

Could I keep runners from some of the ones in the basket, and use them next year then, do you think ..?
    ~~~ Gardening is medicine that does not need
    a prescription ... And with no limit on dosage.
    - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

• Absolutely - I've never bought a strawberry plant in my life - these are the offspring of plants that were on my allotment when I inherited it. They should be at peak production this year and next, so I'll just move the baskets outside once they've finished fruiting, and then bring them back in at the start of next season. Your plants will be gaining strength this year, so should be bigger and more productive next year. If there's space in your baskets you could cut some runners off and plant them next to their parents?
      He-Pep!

Comment

• June in my polytunnels
        Little tunnel

Carrot bed, cucumber in a potato bag, tumbling yellow Tom in basket, salad leaves in guttering

Carrot bucket challenge, spare toms, sweet peppers, chilli's and an aubergine
        Attached Files

Comment

• Big tunnel

Left & center chilli's, right tomatoes, cucumbers, aubergines, sweet peppers

Chilli's

Tomatoes
          Attached Files

Comment

• Last one from the big tunnel

Cucamelons, sweet peppers, aubergines
            Attached Files

Comment

• GH - left and right sides, taken today :

(toms on the left and chillis, tom hanging basket, seedlings, new sowings of flower seeds - oh and cuc's at the back...)
              Attached Files
              ~~~ Gardening is medicine that does not need
              a prescription ... And with no limit on dosage.
              - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

• GH No 1

Can you see 3 dogs?

GH No 2

Attached Files

Comment

• Looking good VC
                  I can see 3 tails, not 3 whole dogs

Comment

• Originally posted by SusieG View Post
                    GH - left and right sides, taken today :

(toms on the left and chillis, tom hanging basket, seedlings, new sowings of flower seeds - oh and cuc's at the back...)
                    Now that is a set up that I aspire to!!! Looks great VC, well done you. No wonder you are doing so well crop wise, looks fab. From a newbie point of view (me ) is there enough room between Tom plants? I had a lot in my poly but have removed some as I read on the forum that they all need good circulation room etc. Wondering if I may have cleared too much ha

Comment

• Originally posted by NickG View Post
                      Now that is a set up that I aspire to!!! Looks great VC, well done you. No wonder you are doing so well crop wise, looks fab. From a newbie point of view (me ) is there enough room between Tom plants? I had a lot in my poly but have removed some as I read on the forum that they all need good circulation room etc. Wondering if I may have cleared too much ha
                      In the Dog's GH, I have bush toms on the right with micro toms in front of them. On the left are cordon toms with tumbling ones in front. The theory being that they wouldn't overlap another's space.

However, the bush toms have spread too much and should have been spaced out more. I'm thinning them out by removing leaves and I've moved the micro toms to another part of the GH so that they're not overwhelmed.
                      I space them about 2' apart - 1 per window pane - so a 10' run has 5-6 plants.

Comment

• I dream of the day when I can have two greenhouses as nice and fully stocked as yours VC
                        https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Thank you Sarriss.
                          I also have a small 3rd one with more toms and cues and, this is the embarrassing bit, 2 more GHs, one with strawberries and peppers and the other is full of junk (but I call it my potting shed)
                          A chicken can never have too many GHs

Comment

• On Saturday I spent a couple of hours restoring some calm in my polytunnel. Removed the three (done) strawberry baskets, re-positioned my hanging shelf to give the sweetcorn some head space, planted out some pots and trays that were scattered about, arm-pitted the toms and trimmed the lower leaves, weeded the beds, pulled up the 5 enormous broccoli plants that had run to seed, and hung the drying garlic from the roof. And... breathe!

Attached Files
                            He-Pep!

Comment

• Very nice bario1. What variety is your tomato in the hanging basket? He is fantastic.

Comment

• Thanks SP! The tom is Maskotka - I usually grow Tumbler, but I thought I'd give Maskotka a go this year as the taste is supposed to be superior. Tumbler is (believe it or not) more vigorous, and earlier, and has a less upright habit, but I'm happy with these so far. Can't wait to try one!
                                He-Pep!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X