Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's 3 photos of my GH, toms are on left hand side plus a couple at the end, far right hands side is an aubergine then a couple of cucumbers. On the capillary matting are my chillis and sweet peppers.
    I've got net curtains on for shading so the photos look a bit odd.
    Attached Files
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Looking good there, Bren!
      Tried and Tested...but the results are inconclusive

Honorary member of the nutters club, by appointment of VeggieChicken

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
        Here's 3 photos of my GH, toms are on left hand side plus a couple at the end, far right hands side is an aubergine then a couple of cucumbers. On the capillary matting are my chillis and sweet peppers.
        I've got net curtains on for shading so the photos look a bit odd.
        Great! Mind if I ask, will you keep your peppers on the matting all summer or put them in the ground? I'm moving some strawberries off my cap. bench and wondering if it would take larger pots. Thanks

Comment

• Redser I leave them on matting all the time just now they're ready for re-potting I'll be doing that today then eventually they'll go into 7inch pots.

Comment

• Shiny!! I love that matting, you've given me ideas now, being as I've already crisped two trays of stuff up...your plants are hooooge!!!!

Comment

• Taff here's another photo of how I rig up the matting and I find it helps to keep the water reservoir covered.
              Attached Files

Comment

• The view from mine. Most of these in their final pots and positions now

Comment

• Free Greenhouse No 2

Tomatoes courtesy of VVG - Thank you!!
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Greenhouse No 3 (Bought this one!)

This one's in need of a clear out!
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Now they are more like it...cluttered and randomly disorganised. I approve
                      Tried and Tested...but the results are inconclusive

Honorary member of the nutters club, by appointment of VeggieChicken

Comment

• kizkiz - do you not put anything uder the pots or are they in two pots if that makes sense? For watering purposes...
                        VC - I have a serious case of greenhouse envy....

Comment

• Originally posted by taff View Post
                          kizkiz - do you not put anything uder the pots or are they in two pots if that makes sense? For watering purposes...
                          VC - I have a serious case of greenhouse envy....
                          Nope, nothing underneath. They do fine like that.lol
                          Most are chillis, so not massively water hogging plants

Comment

• There was a 4th Greenhouse (also Free) until a tree branch fell on it and it got squashed!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                              Redser I leave them on matting all the time just now they're ready for re-potting I'll be doing that today then eventually they'll go into 7inch pots.
                              Thanks! Good to know. I'm sure it made a big difference to my strawberries, some of them were rediculously huge, but stilll didn't taste watery. I wonder could it keep a tomato plant going? Was thinking of threading 3 thin strips of matting up through the drainage holes in the bottom of the pot to bring the water right through the compost.

Comment

• Where do you get all these free greenhouses from VC?!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X