X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He arrived yesterday Lumpy, but I was so taken aback I forgot to tell you
    Sorry
    The cheapest way to send seeds is to spread the packets out flat in a large envelope - and secure them somehow so that they don't slide and bunch up. Once the envelope is thicker than 2.5 cms you're in small parcel prices and the cost becomes astronomical.
    http://www.royalmail.com/sites/defau...March-2015.pdf

Peas and beans, are the difficult ones as they are "thick" anyway.

Another request to everyone reading this - please send the stamps loose as then I can mix and match them from my stamp kitty. Once they're stuck on an envelope I can't do much with them.
    Also, I have plenty of envelopes here, so an address label is all I need (and Loose stamps - preferably for LARGE letters).

Comment

• Will remember the stamp and envelope thingy for next time - sorry VC
      I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• It might make it cheaper for you too

Comment

• I get a firm piece of paper. Line up the seed packets and secure with a piece of masking tape or sellotape. If you stick the selotape to your jumper first it loses most of its sticky so it's easy to pull of the seed envelopes. Though I've started using very small plastic zip lock bags for seeds. I was getting fed up with seeds dropping out of the bottom of home made packs and as a double bonus I can admire them without opening them

Comment

• Or you can save up lots and lots of seed, put it in a parcel and give VC lots of work

I think VC might ban me after this year

Oh and don't forget you often get special postage rates for chrismad

Comment

• Well I try to be good. I sort my seed into individual packs then put each variety into a larger bag. If I'm running out of time to get to the PO I stuff the excess seeds in the larger bag along with the small packs but I'm not going to do that again

......trying to keep VC sweet
              Last edited by Scarlet; 17-07-2015, 02:08 PM.

Comment

• Hello VC, can you let me know when you post the seeds back so I can get all excited when I see the post lady.

Ta
                I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• I posted them yesterday but they probably weren't collected until today. May arrive tomorrow?

Comment

• Ta VC I'm now on post alert......

Comment

• I saw - I pounched - I grabbed.

Ta VC my seeds came today. X

Comment

• I have been through my seed box and got a parcel posted off to you yesterday
                        sigpic

Comment

• Hi.
                          My seeds have arrived The kids can't wait to grow their 'caterpillars'.
                          sigpic

Comment

• I deliberately didn't tell you the seeds were on their way as I know you like surprises
                            Hope the "caterpillars" grow - I've no idea what they really are. Photos will be needed

Comment

• Will do with the photos. They look interesting
                              sigpic

Comment

• I have been housebound all day as the weather is dreadfull. I have been reading through the seed swop with interest. I would love to see some pics of the tomato seeds that people planted or even to hear how they got on with their seeds, especially the tomatoes.
                                This is what comes from being bored. Raining since last night and hasn't stopped. ��

And when your back stops aching,
                                And your hands begin to harden.
                                You will find yourself a partner,
                                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X