Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The rain has just cleared here Bramble - but it will be back tomorrow.
    Have you seen http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...vsp_82134.html Some photos there for you

Comment

• I have a spreadsheet with details of some of the tomatoes available in the VSP.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

That should save some time googling

Comment

• Originally posted by bramble View Post
        I have been housebound all day as the weather is dreadfull. I have been reading through the seed swop with interest. I would love to see some pics of the tomato seeds that people planted or even to hear how they got on with their seeds, especially the tomatoes.
        This is what comes from being bored. Raining since last night and hasn't stopped. ��
        Me too! I also find it interesting that tomatoes I favour other don't particularly like. Add some of your favourites in here Bramble. I will get round to it soon....
        http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...5-a_86401.html

Comment

• Originally posted by rosiepumpkin View Post
          I have a spreadsheet with details of some of the tomatoes available in the VSP.
          Good spreadsheet! I wish I could make myself take notes but I just can't but just to be fussy..Black Russian is a medium size tomato. That's one tomato I grow every year.

Comment

• Lots of tomato seeds added to the VSP from RosiePumpkin and today seeds received from Vixylix, thank you both

Comment

• Oh wow this is awesome no idea what I might want but def have packets I can send in :-)
              newbie! Be gentle with me while I learn the basics of growing stuff
              Kirstie x

Comment

• My seeds arrived today - many thanks VC and the VSP!! Cant wait to get sowing next year now!

Comment

• Thanks for letting me know they've arrived.
                  I nearly sent you my "chicken" coffee coaster by mistake as, somehow, I put it in the envelope with the seeds - and sealed it up
                  Thought the envelope was heavy

Comment

• Thanks to FrostyFreckle for sending some flower seeds for the VSP.
                    Flower Seed list updated
                    Last edited by veggiechicken; 21-09-2015, 09:55 AM.

Comment

• Just done a tally and then a jazz-hands dance round the living room - I've got to 10 entries in the Show! (VC your cunning plan worked) Now for a small peruse...
                      http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

• Oh I forgot about that.

I entered all the catagories does that mean I get to pick 30 packs of seed?

Comment

• Sorry NG, didn't you read the very very small print?
                          Anyone who enters every category receives the star prize - 30 seeds, mixed, identity unknown

Comment

• Quick question so that I know what I'm doing when the time comes that I can take part in this

If I'm sending in a "packet" of seeds is that a full packet or a packet made up to the numbers from the first post?

So using tomatoes as an example lets say if I wanted to request 1 packet of tomato seeds and I was sending seeds for a different Tomato would I just need to send in 6-10 seeds?

Just checking I've got it right I my head

Comment

• Hi Ryleh, this is difficult to answer and it comes down what is a fair and reasonable swap. If you sent in 6-10 seeds from an unusual tomato, that would be all you'd need to have a packet in exchange.
                              If you had a packet of a common variety, like Moneymaker or Alicante, and you split it down into multiple packets of 6-10 seeds, but wanted rare tomato seeds in exchange, that wouldn't be very fair!
                              When someone asks for a common variety of seed, they usually have a full packet in return.
                              Its difficult to lay down "rules" but I hope you can see where I'm coming from.

Comment

• Yes I get where your coming from. It at least gives me a better understanding of the process and an idea of what to expect

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X