Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I dont know how far they have to be from each other but like squash they advice me to do a manual pollination and keep the flower close to avoid that bees put different pollen inside. Btw they don't cross with other squash because they are melon related. I'll find out more soon.

Comment

I wanted to donate some seed but the only problem they are mixed and unlabelled. The reason is that a friend of my got them from Italy from his 93 yrs old mum that passed away. He knows that I grow my veg so when he went in Italy for the funeral he brought this bag to me. They are what his mum grown in her plot since before she died but we don't know if are heritage seeds or not.

Comment

They all loose and mixed so you can see that there are pepper seed but could be sweet pepper or chilly. Squash or courgette. Melon or cucumber. Plus they could be different variety as well. I've give some to some plot neighbour and they called them Italian mistery seeds. A bit of fun to find out what are they.

Comment

Don't forget to let us know how you get on. How exciting

Comment

Sounds great fun, Sarico, I love a bit of mystery
            I'm growing Grappolo d'inverno this year and some carosello. Good to see you again

Comment

Now that explains why OH's (Italian) father was hanging tomatoes in the utility this winter! Thanks for that, I was a bit mystified.
              http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

The envelope arrived today VC, my war chest of seeds salutes you! Honestly I won't be pestering you for any more this side of the growing season. Thanks for the stamp back too - lovely posties!

I think I will be posting a lot more in the 'Sharing the lurve for the VSP' thread this year!

Comment

edit - this one was hiding in the envelope!

I had to share the view for my latest round of seed sorting! I also wanted to let you know that I appreciate each and every packet, whether you included your forum name or not

Gardengale, Norfolkgrey and planetologist you're either prolific contributors or we're on the same wavelength, I have more than one pack from each of you!

Thanks to all again!
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Bohobumble; 13-03-2015, 08:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bohobumble View Post

Gardengale, Norfolkgrey and planetologist you're either prolific contributors or we're on the same wavelength, I have more than one pack from each of you!

Thanks to all again!
                    Not as much as I will be after this season, I feel sorry for VC already Its lovely to know that people have picked them. Don't forget to let us know how you get on and feel free to ask if you have any questions.

I feel like a little kid.......someones picked my se-eds, someones picked my se-eds

Comment

I'm glad I'm not the only one squinting at the packets to see what you got!

It feels lovely when someone picks your seeds - I have quite a few of nellie-m's.

Comment

Originally posted by Norfolkgrey View Post
                        Not as much as I will be after this season, I feel sorry for VC already Its lovely to know that people have picked them. Don't forget to let us know how you get on and feel free to ask if you have any questions.

I feel like a little kid.......someones picked my se-eds, someones picked my se-eds
                        I know, I keep looking to see if the list is updated with mine so that people can pick mine!

Comment

I like it when new seeds have only been on the list a few days and they're requested. Shows how eagle-eyed you are
                          The self-saved seeds are especially satisfying to receive and send. In my mind, there is a chain that links all our gardens together - seeds from say nellie-m are being grown by Sparrow whose seeds are being grown by Norfolkgrey and so on. Makes us all one big happy family of seed savers and growers

Comment

Originally posted by sparrow100 View Post
                            I'm glad I'm not the only one squinting at the packets to see what you got!

It feels lovely when someone picks your seeds - I have quite a few of nellie-m's.

Was one of the unattributed packets yours sparrow?

Comment

Seeds received couple of days ago from Sparrow and seeds returned.

Seeds received today from Yasai Hope to sort the returns out over the weekend.

Thanks Both

Comment

Originally posted by sparrow100 View Post

I love nellies seed packets as you get a little history with each seed. Love the stories behind some of the tomato seed I've sown.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X