Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How does this work in laymans terms? I jsut found out rodents have eaten my crate of seeds after a flood moved the lid and brick and I now have nothing but flower seeds and herb seeds, which are of no use to me at my new plot. Am looking for a good selection of veg plants, but not sure if I can swap what I have for the seeds on the list?

Comment

Send VC a pm & I'm sure she will accommodate your request.
      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
      --------------------------------------------------------------------
      Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
      -------------------------------------------------------------------
      Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
      -----------------------------------------------------------
      KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Hi Buzzingtalk - as BigMallly said ^^^ send me a PM.
        If you have flower seeds that are within their sow by date you can swap them for veg seeds from the VSP. You qualify to join in because you've made 50 posts during the last 3 months

Comment

Does it have to be 1 packet for 1?

Just looked through the bits I've got left, and most of it was stuff that came free with magazines so it doesn't have a date on it. There's 3 packets (haha) that are in date, and unopened, that haven't been chewed on by vermin. That's out of about 200 packets

I think what I'm trying to say is it's going to be a pretty rubbish 'swap' for you - I don't have much to offer But I'll deffo swap whatever I do have for some squash and sweetcorn at the very least, seeing as getting a good variety of such plants is expensive.

Comment

I think 50 posts in 3 months is too much. I also don't understand the requirement: we send in the seeds first, and only get seeds back by return mail, so it's not as if one can cheat and receive without contributing. You run it, so you make the rules, I'm only stating my opinion, but I spend too much time on the computer as it is and still don't write 50 posts in a year.

Comment

Planetologist, just as you've set your rules for running the Seed Circle, I've done the same for the VSP. Others may disagree with them, but you can't please everyone.

50 posts in 3 months is, to some extent, a relaxation of the previous "rule" of "50 posts and one month" which encouraged people to join, make 50 (often irrelevant) posts, take some of the most unusual seeds from the VSP and disappear from the Vine. Frankly, I don't think that was fair on those who regularly contribute their seeds and share their knowledge with other members.

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                Planetologist, just as you've set your rules for running the Seed Circle,
                which you then didn't follow :-0. Mind you, I'm not complaining about that, I'm just saying that in fact, no, I didn't get to set the rules for the seed circle, I negotiated the rules with the participants.

Comment

Oooer - did I do something wrong, Planetologist Sorry

Comment

Seeds received from:-

Frosty Freckle - thank you for the HSL seeds for the VSP

Sparrow - thank you for the Thelma Sanders

Flawless Victory - your seeds received and return seeds will be in the post today or tomorrow.

VSP lists are up to date and there has been a small, small change made to the lists to give you more information and help you choose.

Additional information may follow the seed name:-
                    (HSL) = Heritage Seed Library
                    S/S = Self Saved
                    (Org) = From an organic source
                    F1 = F1

Incoming seeds will have the extra info as I enter them and I'll update the existing seeds as and when I have a moment. Hope it helps
                    Last edited by veggiechicken; 19-02-2015, 02:49 PM.

Comment

That was quick! Royal Mail's doing better than I give them credit for!
                      http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

Even better than that, they didn't frank the stamp

Comment

I think the rules are perfectly reasonable
                          What do you get if you divide the circumference of a pumpkin by its diameter?
                          Pumpkin pi.

Comment

Seeds received thank you very much!

Comment

VSP seeds posted today to :-

Nicos
                              Skeggijon
                              NorfolkGrey.

NG - careful how you open yours as there's something alive in there

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                                VSP seeds posted today to :-

NG - careful how you open yours as there's something alive in there
                                Have I won a puppy? I would have thought they were a bit big now to send by post
                                TY VC x , will let you know when the parcel lands
                                Last edited by Norfolkgrey; 03-03-2015, 09:44 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X