Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's a nice touch Lisa.................
    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Seeds received today from Gringo and Chris11
      Thank you both

Comment

• Seeds received from Ryleh - perfect packaging
        I'll be posting your seeds and Chris11's tomorrow.

Comment

• Seeds received from Gringo, and from Ancee today. Thank you Both
          From the number of requests for VSP seeds in the last few days, I think you're all itching to start sowing

Comment

• Update;
            Seeds sent to Ancee yesterday
            Seeds received from Sparrow and Treepixie. Thank you both
            Seeds sent to Treepixie and to Ryleh today.

Comment

• I've got some packets of unopened seeds that I'm not going to use,can I send them to you so somebody could use them,they're in date? There's kale,2 varieties of strawberries,chilli seeds probably more,I don't need any seeds sent to me though,I have too many they're towering over me! Shall I send a pm to VC for the address to send to? Thanks

Comment

• Send VC a PM JJ. She'll send you her address ......

Comment

• Update :-
                  Seeds received from and sent to Skeggijon

Seeds received from Gringo and Jungle Jane/
                  Thank you all for your support of the VSP.

Something special received from Gringo - Loquat seeds, inside a dried fruit, sent from France.
                  If you'd like to grow these, they would benefit from being claimed asap as I'm not sure what will happen to the dried fruit around the seeds. More about them at http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...lar_87780.html

Comment

• Hi!

I have been pointed in the direction of the VSP by Scarlet, not a thread I have read before because I was thinking that I wouldn't have anything that anyone else would want, but looking through my seed box, I have quite a few seeds that don't appear on the lists..

I'd like to just give a massive virtual 'big-up' to Veggiechicken, an unbelievable amount of work here, very admirable!

I do, however have a few questions, and with great fear of making myself look silly..here they are!

I have quite a few sweetcorn seeds that are treated with fungicide, are these excluded from the scheme? - I would be fine growing them, but I understand everyone is different!

I have quite a few packets of seed that are 'plant by 2014' 'packed in year 2014'.. as these are old, should I avoid sending them? - I personally would still use them but I wouldnt want to disappoint!

Can I send whole, unopened seed packets?

I have a tub of around 400 tomato seeds, self saved seed that the kids mixed. I know that in this tub that there are two varieties mixed, I have photos of the two parents, and I'm pretty sure they can be identified, but being mixed..are these no good for the VSP, am I better just giving them away?

Thanks.
                    Last edited by cptncrackoff; 14-02-2016, 09:15 PM.
                    <*}}}>< Jonathan ><{{{*>

Comment

• Originally posted by cptncrackoff View Post
                      Hi!
                      I'd like to just give a massive virtual 'big-up' to Veggiechicken, an unbelievable amount of work here, very admirable!

Thank you
                      I do, however have a few questions, and with great fear of making myself look silly..here they are!

I have quite a few sweetcorn seeds that are treated with fungicide, are these excluded from the scheme? - I would be fine growing them, but I understand everyone is different!
                      There are treated seeds in the VSP already. -
                      I have quite a few packets of seed that are 'plant by 2014' 'packed in year 2014'.. as these are old, should I avoid sending them? - I personally would still use them but I wouldnt want to disappoint!
                      Packed in 2014 is OK.
                      Use by 2014 depends on what they are. Eg Parsnips are no good, tomatoes and peppers will be. I have regular clear-outs of old seed

Can I send whole, unopened seed packets?
                      Yes. If it comes in unopened, I give it away unopened.

I have a tub of around 400 tomato seeds, self saved seed that the kids mixed. I know that in this tub that there are two varieties mixed, I have photos of the two parents, and I'm pretty sure they can be identified, but being mixed..are these no good for the VSP, am I better just giving them away?
                      Bit difficult to put in the VSP without a name, as there are lots of named ones looking for homes. Best give them away.
                      Thanks.
                      There's no such thing as a silly question - only silly answers

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                        There's no such thing as a silly question - only silly answers
                        ..I thought it was silly people!?

Thanks VC, with the older seed, I have things like lettuce, chilli's, cauliflowers..some flowers all 2013,2014,2015.. would I send what I have and let you decide or mention the exact varieties/ dates in the PM to avoid wasting your time!?
                        <*}}}>< Jonathan ><{{{*>

Comment

• If you don't want them, send them to me and I'll decide whether to add them to the VSP or not.
                          I'll probably be running a Lucky Dip giveaway of older seeds soon There's always somebody who wants them!
                          PM me when you're ready and I'll give you my address.

Comment

• Thanks VC, I shall try my best to remember some sealing bags from work tomorrow and go through what I have!

You shall hopefully have a PM in the next few days.
                            <*}}}>< Jonathan ><{{{*>

Comment

• For all the Flower-aholics, I have just received 90+ packets of flower seeds from Deano for the VSP
                              It'll take me a while to update the VSP - so be patient please

Comment

• NannySally has donated some veggie seeds to the VSP today.
                                Thank you NS.

The VSP is uptodate with all the new seeds received recently.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X