This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Davyburns View Post
    I'm not sure the logistics of this would make it worthwhile, but if there are no objections to Dusty joining, I will add him/her
    No, only one has had to drop out, and if no one has any objections, Dusty will take that place, so we are still on for 25 bags of each. If anyone has any more, just send them, and I will forward them onto the general seed parcel, as I did Last Year

Comment

• As an afterthought, could you please put your vine name on the back of the envelope so I dont have to open them, and thereby stop the chance of small envelopes dropping out and getting mislaid
      Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
        PM received - Many thanks Davy. Hope you had a lovely holiday!
        Yes the Holiday was great thanks, but I feel I am getting a bit long in the tooth for these 15k mile treks

Comment

• I'm just drying off the last of the green tigers, then I'll get them packed and sent.
          I could not live without a garden, it is my place to unwind and recover, to marvel at the power of all growing things, even weeds!
          Now a little Shrinking Violet.

http://potagerplot.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Sorry, mine will get done this weekend - half term at the moment and I'm run off my feet.

Comment

• At the moment the only seeds I have enough of to send are Red Pear.
              My first lot of Scotland Yellow never actually fermented (Think our house is too cold) so I'm not too sure about them. How do I do a germination test? The second lot are in now but there are only about 50 of them. There are two more tomatoes waiting to ripen so I may manage, with luck.

I have quite a few Roma, San Marzano and Piccolo, but I sent lots of Piccolo last year so I doubt anyone wants more of those

Fingers crossed for the Scotland Yellow...
              Last edited by Sylvan; 01-11-2012, 10:24 PM.
              The problem with rounded personalities is they don't tesselate.

Comment

• I'm still harvesting!

Comment

• I've had so few ripe ones that mine will be a lucky dip. They're all indeterminate red plum type, but I've just lumped all the seeds I had into a jar to ferment, and there'll probably only be a couple of seeds each. If folks (understandably) aren't happy with that, I'll just hang onto the seeds for growing next year, and drop out of the swap

I think, on reflection, that there's just too many in the circle - we were assuming people would drop out, not that we'd have to find enough seeds for 20+ people

Edited to add: I thought we had agreed that no-one wanted Moneymaker and Gardener's Delight?!
                  Last edited by SarzWix; 02-11-2012, 08:51 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SarzWix View Post

I think, on reflection, that there's just too many in the circle - we were assuming people would drop out, not that we'd have to find enough seeds for 20+ people
                    well theres still plenty of time for people to drop out - and tbh 2 seeds per member is better than non

Comment

• It might be a good idea to find out who is still in this circle.I'm fairly sure that a number will have already given up.
                      http://petersgarden101.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

• I've got enough green tiger seeds for everyone, but the first (and major) batch of french black germinated , so I haven't enough of those now. All the others I saved are covered by someone else, according to the list anyway. Perhaps updating what people can offer would be a good idea, then someone else might find they could take up one of them.
                        I could not live without a garden, it is my place to unwind and recover, to marvel at the power of all growing things, even weeds!
                        Now a little Shrinking Violet.

http://potagerplot.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Sent off 26 packets of pink brandy wine and purple Cherokee today to davyburns. Not many seeds in each packet, and haven't done a germination test, but it's my first year of saving seed. The Amish paste were a complete failure. Let's hope for the best

Comment

• Originally posted by SarzWix View Post

Edited to add: I thought we had agreed that no-one wanted Moneymaker and Gardener's Delight?!
                            Definitely don't want MM or GD - mainly because this is about saving the rarer seeds not the popular/common ones.

Davy - can you contact those that haven't posted in a while to make sure that they are still sending seeds in? We've still got plenty of time to send them to you and it will be a waste of everyone's time if there really aren't 25 people in the circle.
                            Last edited by zazen999; 02-11-2012, 07:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BarleySugar View Post
                              I've got enough green tiger seeds for everyone, but the first (and major) batch of french black germinated , so I haven't enough of those now. All the others I saved are covered by someone else, according to the list anyway. Perhaps updating what people can offer would be a good idea, then someone else might find they could take up one of them.
                              That's what they said at the start - not necessarily what they got!

Comment

• I have ready German Lunchbox and Kirschklompen,just need to know how many envelopes to make to put them in.I probably will make 10 seeds per packet if thats alright. I know I am just grateful for even 1 or 2 to try something new and often there are only 5 in quite a lot of commercial seed packets. can I please make a request for not getting Moneymaker and gardeners delight as I think I could supply a packet for every day of the week ! Why do they only give these away as free seeds,I like Gardeners Delight but enough is enough.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X