Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looked at my two bins - no sign of potato greenery.

Looked at leeks - frozen into ground.

Tried to look at parsnips, can't see the greenery for the snow.

Still, I guess they're all waiting for the thaw, just like me.

Meantime, I've got some tomato sauce, ratatouille base and runner beans in the freezer so we can still enjoy some garden produce.
    Last edited by maytreefrannie; 23-12-2010, 04:26 PM. Reason: to correct spelling
    My hopes are not always realized but I always hope (Ovid)

www.fransverse.blogspot.com

www.franscription.blogspot.com

Comment

• Went and cut 4 frozen Spout Stalks (2 for me and 2 for my blind pal) snipped of some Kale too, slipped on my @&$£ on the ice, swore loudly and limped back to car, took the veg to my mate, stood in his kitchen and put the world to right, then went to babysit the 3 grandkids and went home. Just having a class or scotch and green ginger.
      Happy Christmas
      Roger
      Its Grand to be Daft...

https://www.youtube.com/user/beauchief1?feature=mhee

Comment

• Harvested over 1kg of new potatoes from the tubs in the greenhouse. Some of the compost was frozen but the spuds look fine. I will try and lift the parsnips tomorrow.

Comment

• I tried to dig up some parsnips but the grounds snow covered and frozen so tomorrow I'll be buying parsnips even though it will break my heart.

Did get some lettuce from out the greenhouse border so that was good.
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Today I cleaned out some seed trays, defrosted the seed compost & prepared them for sowing my onion seeds on christmas day

Comment

• I let my chickens out for the first time since the snow fall (I've been keeping them in as a few of the feather brains decided to start moulting and the snow was up to their 'leg-pits') they were sooo happy. The grass is lookinga little flat and brown so think I might have to reseed.

Had a poke at some plants for signs of life, rabbits or deer have eaten my PSB and my passion flowers.

Back home now trying to plan a little for next year as I will be moving so will have a new garden as well as my allotments!!!! And a patio to fill with beautiful fruit, veg and maybe a few flowers too
              www.alifelesssimple.wordpress.com Up-dated Regularly

Biodynamic grower in training

Comment

• Managed to get a bit of work done yesterday and today. Have sown 30 broad beans 'the sutton' in pots and 15 cloves of own grown garlic. Potted on some spring cabbage that never got planted out, they will do as standby plants if the cold weather has beeed the ones out on the lottie. Want to get some onion seed sown but the cold weather is supposed to be returning so will leave that for the time being.

Ian

Comment

• Cut some salad for tea tonight, fancied a change. Planted up a root of lady's mantle that I had soaking over night but it looks soooooooo dead I dont have much hope.
                  Updated my blog on 13 January

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra.../blogs/stella/

Comment

• The What I Did Today Archive 2010

The 'What I Did Today' is something of an institution on the Grapevine, having started and run continuously since 2006. At nearly 7 years old (at the time of writing this) it had grown to over 300 pages (9000 posts!), and was becoming difficult to browse. So we have decided to separate the posts into a thread for each year, and put them into the Archive for ease of use, keeping only the current and previous year in the active thread.

This thread is for 'What I Did Today', 2010

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X