Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Showed my Christmas kitten the snow for the first time. She was NOT amused and climbed up my leggings to get out of the nasty stuff (serves me right). Put Poppy back in her nest of wellie warmers and hot waterbottles and shoveled the chickens tunnels to and from the coop. Then made the compulsory snowmen with wonderful OH.
    The Impulsive Gardener

www.theimpulsivegardener.com

Chelsea Uribe Garden Design www.chelseauribe.com

Comment

1 cat, 1 vets visit to remove teeth, I wallet removed of £400. Sorted.

Comment

Shovelled snow. Excavated through said snow to harvest two leeks for soup. Feeling dead smug now
        WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

There is nothing to do.... My Garden is under 1 meter of snow... ugghhhh....
          http://bageechah.blogspot.com/

Comment

The garden has been under several good inches of snow for a couple of weeks now so little to be done sadly. However today i did get through the post my super 7 windowsill seed propagator so i may consider sowing some seeds over the next few days.
            Jane,
            keen but (slightly less) clueless
            http://janesvegpatch.blogspot.com

Comment

- moved germinated Kelsae from heated prop to windowsill
              - potted up indoor tulips that've been in the fridge for 6 weeks
              - watered & misted all houseplants
              - made pumpkin chutney (still got 12 left)
              - used up the last onions, potatoes and apples from store
              Last edited by Two_Sheds; 11-01-2010, 09:59 AM.
              All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

- dug car out so I could post (very over-due) business stuff
                - brought soil etc into house for warming-up
                - got sprouting seeds on the go
                - drew stuff for my course
                aka
                Suzie

Comment

Not today but this weekend:

Made loads of little stiff paper modules out of the several tons of packing paper we stashed over Christmas, ready for individual sowing.

Sorted out seed box

Read instructions on growing Bird of Paradise from seed, then carefully placed seed packet back in seed box (this is an annual event, one day I'll actually start growing them)

Wondered how we're going to dig up the dozens of JA's that are lying under nearly a foot of snow at lottie...

Trimmed indoor soft herbs

Brought some potting compost in to warm

Knocked snow off olive tree
                  I don't roll on Shabbos

Comment

Over the weekend, the allotment crew (Me, Missis Avinabacca, Missis Avinabacca's brother and our mate Ian) met in the Oast House pub to discuss and plan things for the new growing season; plenty talked through and agreed, and a few pints went down well in this nasty, cold weather.

Haven't actually done owt yet, but planned what we're going to plant this year and are going to be doing a few early sowings of toms, chillies and peppers this week hopefully, or in any case just as soon as we pick up some compost.

We still have plenty of swede, turnip, leek and winter radish in at the plot; wonderful how they're lasting in the ground - and as soon as it warms and thaws a little, we may even be able to enjoy some

Comment

See the 'Today I mainly harvested' thread for the highlight of the day. On top of that I took my first tray of Golden bear onions to the partially heated greenhouse to start the hardening offf process.
                      Collected 15 eggs and for once, thank goodness, I didn't have to break the ice in the chooks water.
                      Intended to sow some more onions but was beaten by the lack of light! Never mind, its starting to get lighter each evening now!
                      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Drilled drain holes in a load of Morrisons flower tubs in readiness for the fantastically productive season I'm going to have (says hopefully).

Had to go to Wilkos in town for some stationery supplies and couldn't resist buying some more seeds. Well, at 3 packets for £1.50 you just have to. Perhaps someone should start a support group for compulsive seed buyers

Comment

Thinned rocket plants that are growing on windowsill, planted germinated parsley seed that has been on wet kitchen towel for a week. Started off some chilli seeds on wet kitchen towel (thanks again to the grape who sent me these) I have never tried them before, as well as some mustard and cress. Washed the leaves of indoor plants with warm water, fed all indoor bulbs that are almost on the point of flowering and noticed that the amarillys has put out another flower head. It felt like a good gardening day
                          Updated my blog on 13 January

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra.../blogs/stella/

Comment

Forgot to say also made some compost jelly from a recipe on here and it is brilliant
                            Updated my blog on 13 January

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra.../blogs/stella/

Comment

Weather too horrible to do anything outside except feed the animals, so did some HOUSEWORK!! Sorted granddaughter's craft stuff, threw out the rubbish, and did loads of shredding (private paperwork). Still got to shred the newspapers for the guineapigs bedding.

Comment

I mostly shoveled snow to try and find my leeks !
                                The link to my old website with vegetable garden and poultry photographs

http://www.m6jdb.co.uk

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X