Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picked tomatos, sungold/black cherry, chillies, pinnochio, and some aubergines (first time ever had fruit), baby belle, and as I was foraging around noticed I finally had some fruit on my naga chillies. can't wait to try those.
    "We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses."-- Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I pulled up one of the toms that was blighted, and sprayed the rest with Bordeaux mixture.
      http://www.weeveggiepatch.blogspot.com

Comment

• grrrrrrrrrrr... very windy day...
        erected post for the fence of my patio.
        weeded in the raised beds and harvested French radish and sowed some more
        http://bageechah.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Nice man john came & dug over the flower bed incorporating 8 bags of manure & 5 of sand - i plotted & dreamed about what i can now finally plant in it
          Jane,
          keen but (slightly less) clueless
          http://janesvegpatch.blogspot.com

Comment

• - dug out 2 beds for my sister (and lots of couch grass); planted her up 2 hebes and 2 stipa arundinacea (thanks to an unknown Grape)
            - admired her bumble bee nest in the back garden
            - potted on my tardy fuchsias ... they've been rubbish this year
            - emptied a tub of "Mr Little's Yetholm Gypsy" spuds ... absolutely beautiful, and tasty baked or chipped
            - sowed more early carrots (Nelson & Adelaide) in tubs
            - pulled out the dead sweetpeas
            - posted dozens of packs of seed to lots of Grapes
            - transplanted 3 hardy geraniums, and potted on another 18 baby ones
            - tidied up the tomato foliage and picked a bowlful
            - found a dozen huge fat slugs hiding under the nicotiana ... salted them
            - deadheaded the cornflowers ... what an endless, hateful job that is
            - sowed a tray of Red Baron onion seed
            - and a tray of Offenham Flower of Spring cabbage
            - took cuttings from my favourite dahlia
            - dug out some big King Edwards for dinner (fair bit of scab this year). The foliage has just died back suddenly
            - dug up some Pink Fir Apple & Mayan Gold spuds (for salads)
            - picked first shelly beans (Serbian & Canadian Wonder)
            - gave in and watered the thirstiest veg that are wilting: celeriac, beans and peas
            - weeded the sprouts ... 3 buckets of 3' tall nettles etc.
            - pinched out growing tips of all the squash again, ditto climbing beans
            - Purple Teepee dwarf beans have dried for seed, so dug them out and sowed phacelia green manure
            - sowed winter radish & Cos lettuce & Offenham to use up the packs
            Last edited by Two_Sheds; 21-08-2009, 06:03 PM.
            All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

• Hello all I'm new here but love the idea of this thread!

This is a bit late since it was actually the weekend's work but ....
              Instead of doing the raised beds as I had planned I realised that the new shed desperately needed another coat of wood stain as it was beginning to warp - my fault for not doing it sooner. Then decided to paint the inside of the shed (breezeblocks) white thinking it would be an afternoon's work. I painted all afternoon on Sat and most of the day on Sun. It's still not covered so I shall be finishing it off next weekend and have a very sore arm!

Comment

• I hunted several green caterpillars over my turnips leaves
                http://bageechah.blogspot.com/

Comment

• harvested last of teh french beans, then pulled up plants.
                  pulled up teh fennel which had bolted.

transplanted about 10 young lettuce plants.

watered everything.

lots of spare space appearing so beds are ready for the next phase.

made list of what I wanted to plant next.

Comment

• Started my seeds for the summer! Cape gooses, tigerella, brandywine pink,subarctic p,silvery fir toms, gardeners delight. Aubergines Florence purple, Megadok and Golden egg. Pepper topepo rosso and calif wonder. So fun. I have no greenhouse anymore so I'll need to bring them in each night. Really enjoyed touching dirt, with bare fingers, it's been sooooooo long! BL@@DY chookins knocked two of my seed trays and BOY did they leave the scene quick, naughty girls

Happy gardening my lovelies

Comment

• I sowed some Globe Artichoke seeds way back when and didn't expect a crop at all this year - so was well chuffed when I noticed that three of the 20 plants have started producing globes - one has seven forming, the others have four and five respectively.
                      Rat

British by birth
                      Scottish by the Grace of God

http://scotsburngarden.blogspot.com/
                      http://davethegardener.blogspot.com/

Comment

• tomato massacre

went down to allotment and picked a courgette some runners and lettuce which i took to work to give away (im on holiday at moment).then went to my eye test appointment for 2 for 1 specs(sat on latest pair).coming home it rained and wind gusts suddenly apeared from nowhere, and when getting home found all my pots of tomatoes all over the ground.now i dont know which is which as all the labels fell out of the pots.while i replaced them i have taken the bigger fruits of the plants and have put them in my propogaters with a bannana hopeing this will rippen them off.also noticed most of the black krim have i think blossom end rot which is a real shame as some are huge. tidied them all up a bit and now the suns out and its lovely and warm again.
                        a good put down line to use !

If having brains was a fatal disease, you would be the only survivor.

Comment

• OH refuses to let me have any more lawn for my veg plot so i told her I was reorganizing the path...it's now six inches narrower. The lawn is still the same size but I've got an extra row of carrots next year

Comment

• Painting day at allotment again today. Yesterday I took down my remainng peas and pea netting that I had on either side of my arbour. Today I painted the arbour white to match my chicken coop and run. I might paint my seat white soon so that I am fully colour co-ordinated.
                            Took up some white onions and in there place I planted swede seedlings from a tray. Did the same again in another 'pocket' after harvesting shallots.

Dug up some Winston potatoes for tomorrows dinner and in their place planted some Musselborough leeks.
                            Pulled an immature parsnip to roast around the Sunday joint.
                            Have french beans, carrots and swede which I dug up the other day so once again it's going to be a homegrown Sunday dinner.
                            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Got in from the club early hours of this morning and did some computer stuff for a bit before going out to the field at 4am - still dark but needs must - and picked cabbages, cauliflowers, red cabbage, chard and spinach then dug up 25kg Foremost, loaded van and went to my ongoing project walled garden where I dug up 25kg Rooster potatoes for the market at Lairg Crofters Show - finished digging at 8am, drove like a banshee to collect a fellow market trader I had promised a lift to, then we headed to Lairg - it was blowing a hooley all day - several stallholders (though none of ours) lost stalls and stock on occassions throughout the day - but had quite a successful day. Got home at 5.30, showered and was out taking photos for an eightieth birthday celebration by 6.00pm. Now just put Niamh to bed and am passing the time before I go to the club again tonight.
                              I've been promised a long lie tomorrow but I know it won't materialise
                              Rat

British by birth
                              Scottish by the Grace of God

http://scotsburngarden.blogspot.com/
                              http://davethegardener.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Made four jars of jam from wild plums I picked a few days ago and a few windfall apples. All it cost me was a bag of sugar and the electricity for the cooker. Now, if I had a wind turbine.....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X