X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ahhh ze frrrench onyons

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
      Just thought you'd like to know Maybe you can pretend to be French or some other nationality...........
      Now you have got my OCD going............got to changed them now....damn woman.......
      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
      --------------------------------------------------------------------
      Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
      -------------------------------------------------------------------
      Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
      -----------------------------------------------------------
      KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

I'm such a little tease..........

Comment

1 week on & I'm up and running, the onions have germinated so have unscrewed the top off the prop bottle............
          sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”

Comment

I'm about to steal your idea BM but using a 1 litre square milk container - I've cut the top from the base - on 3 sides only, so that it folds back, or can be propped open. Being square, I'll be able to pack them into a seed tray....all I need to do is scrounge more containers as I rarely buy milk

Comment

I just found it better to push the top half of the bottle inside the bottom half so that the condensation ran down onto the soil & not everywhere else...........

Comment

Thanks I can still push the top into the base but it goes in at an angle -
                Thinks - that might mean that all the condensation will run down on the one side
                I'll try it and see what happens - may end up severing the last side.

Comment

Thanks I can still push the top into the base but it goes in at an angle -
                  Thinks - that might mean that all the condensation will run down on the one side
                  I'll try it and see what happens - may end up severing the last side.
                  If you do decide to separate them, just cut a couple of small slits on each side of the bottom half to help the top half go in.

Comment

Will do!! Now to find some seeds

Comment

Will do!! Now to find some seeds
                      Oh, I'm sure you won't have any problem.........

Comment

Just sown my 2nd prop bottle as the 1st ones are now 1 to 2" tall..........

Comment

Oddly, I've just found my onion seeds - I've had my milk bottle full of compost warming in the kitchen for days - so any second I'll be sowing too

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
                            If you do decide to separate them, just cut a couple of small slits on each side of the bottom half to help the top half go in.
                            I've severed the top off completely and cut the corners off the top part so that it fits inside the base

Oddly, I've just found my onion seeds - I've had my milk bottle full of compost warming in the kitchen for days - so any second I'll be sowing too
                            Now sown! Time to find some seeds for the other 3 pots

Comment

I ave sown ma oignons tout!
                              Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

My onions are hairpinning - so out of the prop and sitting in the window

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X