• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spoke too soon--stair rods now.
    Riddlesdown (S Croydon)

Comment

• just had a short thunderstorm.

shame it's where I am at work - no evidence of one at home...

Comment

• Dark rumbling clouds approach from the south, distant flashes getting closer it must mean rain!

That was 30 minutes ago, thd suns out now

Comment

• Woo hoo rain started at 5pm here, lasted for half hour then eased off but pouring again now with thunder and lightning. A third of a water butt filled already. Excited to see how the ibc on the allotment is doing (it’s my new toy).

Comment

• It's raiiiiiiined!
            *does happy dance*

not enough, but it has... now let's see if we get any more...

Comment

• Just filled one and a half watering cans - water butts empty again.
              Come on rain, my courgettes need you.

Comment

• It felt like it was going to thunder for half of the day. A plot chum stated yesterday that there was an 80% chance of thunder today at 12.00
                We got a dribbling of 'rain' for about an hour - only just enough to persuade one of the two cats to come in to lie about doing bleggar all rather than lie in the garden doing bleggar all. The other one braved it.
                Meh!
                sigpic
                1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

• Had a thunder storm the last 45mins, 8mm of rain - so no watering needed this evening
                  It has just started rumbling and raining again, as I type, so another dose of storm inward bound. Flash bang wallop tonight then LOL

The sad thing is it means no moon watching for me
                  Last edited by Thelma Sanders; 27-07-2018, 07:41 PM.

Comment

• All quiet now. Went to close greenhouses. Lovely 66F!
                    Riddlesdown (S Croydon)

Comment

• Much cooler and cloudier this week on the coast, but when the sun did appear which was often it was hot !! Goodness knows how you are all coping in the Southeast !

Today I watched it rain either side of me and none at home according to the radar, but we've had 3 good 10mins downpours this evening so far with much more forecast for us this weekend. I've even taken preventative measures against the wind as a nothing that's grown since June has had NO weather to deal with at all and is all soft growth. I'll let you know how we get on.

Comment

• Just had 5mm of rain over the last hour. It's stopped now but I'm hoping it comes back again.

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
                        ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
                        ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

• Finally...its raining.
                          Sitting in the conservatory listening to the rain hammering off the roof.
                          Never thought I would welcome the sound.
                          Twelve buckets, two basins, two water butts and several smaller water catchers out on the deck.
                          Hoping they will be full by morning.

And when your back stops aching,
                          And your hands begin to harden.
                          You will find yourself a partner,
                          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Chucking it down here too with thunder round about! Haven’t seen rain as heavy for ages, last rain we had was drizzle but prolonged but tonight it’s pouring!!
                            sigpic

Comment

• Well it was here too. No longer. - today I trenched in the plastic around tunnel. After rain. still bone dry.
                              Last edited by 4Shoes; 27-07-2018, 10:16 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

• Three short showers yesterday, which dried up in minutes but we have another short shower going on this morning and I'm guessing more of the same, nice cool wind out there as well this morning.
                                sigpic
                                . .......Man Vs Slug
                                Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                                Nutters Club Member

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X