No announcement yet.

Raining

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yesterday, it rained lightly for a couple of hours. Last night, I woke up at some point and I could hear the sound of water. I even went into the bathroom to check if a tap was on. Turns out it was raining. It has been raining continuously since then! The parched earth is going to be happy now... as will my plants. Not gonna complain about the rain EVER again.

Oh, who am I kidding :-/

Comment

• Helped a neighbouring plotholder rescue his polytunnel - wind was a bit strong the AM - luckily his frame wasn't bent - put 6 breeze-block down - *might* - hold it in place till he can get somethihg more serious together.

Sowed some lettuce - was the first bit of gardening I've done for the past month that didn't involve portering water... felt good
      sigpic
      1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

• 30mm in the rain gauge since Saturday AM ...Butts all full up and any thing else that holds water ....Pots, bins,buckets right down to Milk containers and Pop bottles, laid grow bag trays and seed trays out on outside staging as well.
        A much welcome rain.
        Next job......SLUGS..!!!
        Gp
        Never Let the BAD be the Enemy of the GOOD

Conservation and Preservation for the Future Generation

Comment

• Happy to report that last night's wind was nowhere near as gusty as the 50mph ones we had the night before. Everything OK. Glad I made provision for the wind on Friday! We got nearly 2" of rain overnight and as such I haven't watered anything outside today..
          However I'm now waiting for the deeply buried slugs and snails to 'feast' as the forecast for this week says we will get rain or drizzle most days..

Gardening is such fun!

Comment

• I was down at my parents in surrey. They live on a sandstone hill, on sandy soil with trees all round - so it dries out pretty quick - there was standing water on the soil - never seen that before...

isn't rain good?

Comment

• Hosepipe ban in North west - cancelled.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-45043191

Comment

• OK had enough now.
                Will the person or people who love this weather please stop wanting it.

31c in the shade, bad leg (shattered a few years ago and 3 lots of surgery stopped amputation) and elderly dogs have had enough.

The Lumpy rain and heat dance will be starting st 9pm this evening so if anybody wants to join in please (I beg you) join in.
                I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• We’re out to dinner tonight but I’ll tell the other diners this dance is for Lumpy I got in the car earlier & the temp said 34 degrees,it was like sitting in a sauna! Wet flannel on the neck might help,there was a big ginger cat that used to come round here,he loved it when I wet my hands & got all his fur wet,really cooled him down. Our cat doesn’t like it though,I try but he moves away from me like I’m being mean or something.

Comment

• Sorry Lumpy, but I've been doing the "Getting Out Of The Rain" dance today, although the rains now stopped and the heat is back.

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
                    ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
                    ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

• I'd just like some balance.... *eyeroll*

Comment

• We had all of three drops. Pah!

Comment

• Our last rain was 10 days ago. could really do with some more.
                          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• No rain and the piggin hose has split.
                            I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• If you buy a new hose that’ll make it rain can the split piece be cut out or will a bit of tape wrapped round fix it? There’s a bit of rain up north at the moment,can we all use magnets at the same time to change direction of the earth & get a bit of that rain?

Comment

• Luvly heavy stuff
                                Don't think its going to last long though

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X