No announcement yet.

Raining

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We had some starting about 4.30 yesterday afternoon and on and off most of the night will dig down later to see how far it went...
    Another happy Nutter...

Comment

• Triple whammy for me.

My leter to Mother Nature on the rant thread worked a bit -
      Rain started 9.15 last night. Not heavy but enough to get the path and soil wet.
      Damp at 6 when I got up so we must of had a little bit more over night.
      Hedgehogs have been using the front water trays as I spotted hog poo in one of them this morning.

Never thought poop could make me so happy!
      I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• we had the polka dots,then a damp slabs,but the soil was still dust,booohooo AGAIN,and zilch in the barrels,going to check the plot in a bit.

as regards blight,is it also activated with tap water on the leaves as well as rain,given the right conditions,
        Last edited by lottie dolly; 21-07-2018, 12:15 PM.
        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
          There are a few drops of wet stuff here - literally a few drops - but its a start.
          ..............and a finish. No more rain, not even a few spots, since then. Looks a bit cloudy out - just hoping that a scattered shower will scatter itself over me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
            It's been raining here for the last couple of hours, hopefully it will be enough to make a difference to my veg plot.
            It might be wishful thinking but I think they lawn looks like its got a bit of green now, anyway it doesn't feel a crunchy as it did before the rain.
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
              ..............and a finish. No more rain, not even a few spots, since then. Looks a bit cloudy out - just hoping that a scattered shower will scatter itself over me.
              perennial sunshiny south Wales comes along and bites one on the derriere
              sigpic
              1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

• Sssssshhhhhhhhhhh - it's raining.
                Not exactly a deluge but a sprinkle.

Comment

• Prolonged rain last night, sunshine this morning! That's the way we like it
                  He-Pep!

Comment

• HUUUUU,you lucky little devil,where is my share.
                    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• BBC reckons thunderstorms for us on Friday eve.

… which is great, but I'm away for the weekend, so I can't put out any auxiliary rain collectors.

I'm going to try to put some dams in the drainage ditches round the plot - it's so dry that anything that lands on it will flash off. if I can slow it's egress from the site, I might get some of it to stay.

Comment

• meh - no thunderstorms now, only sub-30% chances of showers...

Comment

• This morning we had heavy rain and thunder but it was to brief to make that much difference to the garden.
                          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• No doubt we'll have rain in the next few days...our son is over and has booked several outdoor events
                            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Just started here, distant rumble. Well that didn't last long!
                              Riddlesdown (S Croydon)

Comment

• Just driving home and it started to rain - some big spots. Its so long since I've used windscreen wipers that I had to think about which side of the steering wheel they were.
                                Now home and there is "proper" rain. All trugs and buckets spread out in readiness - Come on Rain. I'm relying on you.

Last edited by veggiechicken; 27-07-2018, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X