No announcement yet.

Raining

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It stopped raining at 12.10 so that makes 3 hours of rain and all we ended up with was 5mm. just enough to cover the bottom of the trugs i'd left out, anyway every bit counts. Plus it means my water butts are no longer empty.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Had an hours rain but it looks very dark over towards Surrey, think we got the very edge. Sun is out now and the temp has gone from 22 in the rain to 28 in the sun but very sultry with it.

Be nice to see some green grass again

Comment

First substantial rain here in ages - it'll not be enough to water the ground I don't think, but at least its filled up the water butts.

Comment

We havnt even seen a spot of rain in weeks.
          The drought is really very bad here in Dublin.

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

We had just an hour this morning, got about 4 inches in the waterbutt, which will water the seedlings for a couple of days.

Comment

a couple of mm last night. I left lots of pots out overnight, but they are all dry this am...

Comment

Not a drop here, although some parts of West London had a small deluge I heard
                Nannys make memories

Comment

typical west London gits! and I bet they were all standing round in their brand new barbours going "rah, high awful"

Comment

Despite storm warnings not even a distant rumble here.

My brother in law got soaked at Shepherds Bush last night
                    Riddlesdown (S Croydon)

Comment

• Yep everything has had a lovely long drink.
                      Only thanks to the shiny outside tap and hose.
                      I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• A tv reporter 6.30 yesterday near Salisbury with an umbrella up, I was sat in the garden 30 miles away sweltering in the sun. We can't win really, too hot /cold/wet/dry/windy/foggy and only the farmers can put a claim in for spoilt crops and get a sub.
                        I for one will be sad to see this weather end but driving to the Algarve October/November and looking for a place to move to so this is acclimatisation. Tomatoes will do splendidly over there for about nine months of the year.
                        Rob

Comment

• Of course when the rain eventually hits we'll be complaining that we're now above both lines on the Hutton Criteria charts.

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
                          ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
                          ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtWSTnZSGCE

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
                            ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
                            ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

• Comment

• .................and this is how much rain we had!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF9873.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	136.9 KB
ID:	2379414

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X