• Show
Clear All

• Ditto for us Cad, still waiting
    Nannys make memories

Comment

• Nowt here either......

Comment

• Originally posted by happyhumph View Post
        You're not far from me EJ - been a bit hot and dry hasn't it!
        It sure has happyhumph, that's only the second day since the middle of May we have had any decent rain here on the coast... I'm not complaining, I'm just not used to it !!!
        Whilst I feel for anyone with livestock or crops in the ground, daily life must be HARD work! I haven't cleaned or cleared all of my garden since we moved in and I intended to strim it all months ago, so glad I haven't, as even nature has to hide somewhere from the heat, I have frogs and toads all sizes, as well as field mice, voles and shrews (one of which decide to play dead early one morning, it had me most concerned until I got a stick and gently prodded it, at which point it righted itself and promptly scuttled off into the undergrowth) . I've even have a juvenile robin think I'm his best friend very early most mornings, it literally makes a point of flying at my feet so I get the garden fork and rake the soil so it gets a few worms. I even had reservations about that but I'd rather he had a few as Mr Mole seems to be scoffing them all at the moment!

Had a slight drizzle last night and here on the Coast the nights are now cool enough to produce quite heavy dew each morning...

Comment

• Come on give us a plop you know you want too..........,.please!
          I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• We've had some, but very patchy, and very little.

Hosepipe ban now from 5th Aug. Will be watering heavily the day before and then it's back to the Tyranny of the Watering Can...

Comment

• OH JOY!!!!!!!! it’s raining!
              Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

• Had a bit of rain here in Dublin this morning.

I can't believe I'm saying this - but I want some more.

I've not been able to use my Father's Day present (new hose) for about the last 3 weeks due to the hosepipe ban.
                .......because you're thinking of putting the kettle on and making a pot of tea perhaps, you old weirdo. (Veggie Chicken - 25/01/18)

My Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnC..._as=subscriber

Comment

• There are a few drops of wet stuff here - literally a few drops - but its a start.

Comment

• Zilch, zero, nothing, nought, nada

Comment

• Good evening all.
                      Well, my outdoor plants are all looking somewhat perkier after the rain we had today.
                      Having said that, I decided to plant out some pepper plants that had been a little pot bound.
                      Dug down into the soil to find just about the first half inch was wet, the rest is still as dry as a bone.
                      It's going to take a lot of rain to put us back on track

And when your back stops aching,
                      And your hands begin to harden.
                      You will find yourself a partner,
                      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• It's been raining here for the last couple of hours, hopefully it will be enough to make a difference to my veg plot.
                        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Had some rain here tonight. Might have added a bit to water butts but I doubt it's made much impact other than surface on the soil. On the plus side it's been enough to highlight a problem with the guttering on the house outside my bedroom. So I'm listening to the sound of a drip every half second, worrying about what is knackered on the system and wishing the drips were getting collected.
                          Bugger...
                          sigpic
                          1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

• YES YES YES. Finally a little rain. In theory light rain all night. We have only had 30 min downpour a fortnight ago and that's all we've had for about 10 weeks....

Comment

• Looking from kitchen window I can see that my toms are lightly covered in water droplet.
                              Hurrah!

Now comes the blight!
                              sigpic
                              1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

• Five minutes of fine rain very early this morning
                                Nannys make memories

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X