This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nicos View Post

So...bit of advice please...what do you mulch your raspberries with?
    We use a couple of inches of wood chips. Judging by vigorous growth and how quickly they're spreading the rasps seem to love it. Keeps the ground moist and lets new shoots through while weeds are mainly suppressed.
    Last edited by Nicos; 23-05-2018, 09:23 PM.
    Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Woodchip?.....yup....can make loads of that!
      Thanks-much appreciated!
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Good Morning All Looking like rain here today but still very warm. I've booked tomorrow off to aid recovery so looking forward to a restful long weekend. Have a good day
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Morning Flo n'all. Skies a yukky murky colour at the mo but it's supposed to clear later.

Enjoy your day whatever you get up to
          Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Mornin n'alln'all
            I think most of today will be taken up taking (and staying with )a friend to hospital.

See ya later peeps.

Comment

Morning all, well we had thunder over night and a downpour which stopped long enough for me to recover the dustbins this morning before it started again. Have a good one people
              sigpic
              . .......Man Vs Slug
              Click Here for my Diary and Blog
              Nutters Club Member

Comment

Rain overnight. Five litres per square metre, nice and gentle if a bit cold. Nigh-on perfect for the plants I've recently planted out. And the soil surface has warmed up quickly this morning. so seeds trying to germinate won't have suffered too much either. All in all, wouldn't mind if that happened every night.

So, I ordered the irrigation pipes yesterday. One lot dispatched barely an hour after I placed the order. And the other order is being prepared even as I write. Amazing efficiency and communication... not what I'm used to here at all. Accessories (taps, junctions, etc.) will require a bit of thinking time, so I'll leave them till the weekend. Today's job: sit and do my paid work. If there's no money in the bank, there will be no playing in the garden later.

Have a jolly day, everyone. Hope the hospital visit goes OK, Nicos.

Comment

OK, own up....who's pinched the sun?

10 minutes of rain last night and that's all. High grey cloud this morning but supposed to brighten up later.

Hope you all have a happy Thursday

Comment

Not here GL...very warm and humid though.
                    We too could do with some rain.

Snoop....thanks....fortunately the appt isn't for me -thank goodness cos I'm just as nervous!
                    I'm a really good at worrying..one of my endearing features!

Right....best go and pick up my friend....

See ya later!

Comment

• Morning all,cold here again,no rain yet,looks like sun trying to break out the grey clouds,of to play in the garden,do a bit rest a bit style,got some help comming next week,have a good day and Bgood2yrselves.
                      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Afternoon...we've got the sun GL, it's a beautiful sunny warm afternoon. Not been out in it as yet as have been doing domestics but off to make a coffee and grab a few minutes in the garden.

Woke up to this...beautiful but they don't last long.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2891.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	2378411

Anyhoo, enjoy the rest of the day and will catch you later.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Good evening all.
                          No sun here just drizzly misty rain.
                          Just finished lots of ironing including a large duvet cover.
                          Domestics finished for the day so time to chill out.
                          Have a good evening all.

And when your back stops aching,
                          And your hands begin to harden.
                          You will find yourself a partner,
                          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Evening all. Glorious sunshine now and has been all afternoon. It was cold and overcast until lunch (looked like a sky full of pollution) but warmed up quick when it finally broke through. Not done much today, mainly resting painful tendonitis knees (probably my own fault for giving 'em too much hammer when I was younger ).

Enjoy your evening
                            Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Evening same weather here Mr B, day started of a bit cool I had to wear a jumper but around 11ish the sun came out so a good day in the end.
                              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Happy Thursday evening!
                                Happy that it was sunny this morning for planting out most of the squashes and wet this afternoon to water them in. Took advantage of the rain to spend the afternoon in the GH planting up the last 11 tomatoes. Although I had intended to limit my toms to one GH this year, I couldn't bear to bin Livingston' Favourite and Humosa, both of which are new to me.
                                Tonight, I shall be packing away all the tomato seeds until 2019 (unless I try a cheeky late sowing in August/September).
                                The cucumber seeds can be packed away too. Soon the propagator will find its way to the garage and I'll regain some kitchen work surface. It's a nice feeling to be thinking about summer after such a long winter.
                                Hope you're all having a smiley time too.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X