This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
    Carrie!...I was about to say that Bolton has a really good fish market...then I realised...not the edible varieties were required!
    Haha, the ones we by are only little, so no good for eating! But love watching them swim and seeing there personality.

I aint been Bolton Market for years. The fruit and veg and fish bit in the market is alright but just don't like the other side of the market since they have done it up. Use always buy my fish and meats from there until I moved to Leigh.
    Carrie

Comment

Morning

I've been to the allotment early this morning watering and weeding. Back home now sunbathing and reading.

Have a good day
      Carrie

Comment

Evening all, been in God’s own country for the weekend...not as warm as we expected but managed to get a few chores done!
        Looks as though I’ve loads to catch up on, hope you all had a great weekend too!
        sigpic

Comment

Well the rain we were forecast never arrived.
          Got to spend some time in the garden this afternoon.

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Evening all. Well I still haven't managed to get my caulies sown . Spent the day at the allotment in Aberdeen and it was around 20c the whole day. The plot is just over 25 miles from home and when we got bacl here it was miserable and drizzly . Not the worst thing as we're almost at the stage now of desperately needing rain. After tea time I sat down in front of the telly and was zzzzzz'ing in quick stile.

Ahh well, first job tomorrow is sowing caulies

Comment

Good Morning All Windy and dull, but still warm. Have a good day
              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Morning All

The sun still has its hat on this morning. The promised rain lasted 5 minutes last evening so watering again today.

Happy Tuesday everyone

Comment

Morning All, its 12.3C here in the open Greenhouse and Coldframe and the sun is out at the moment and clear blue sky so it looks like we are in for a nice day.

Have a great one people whatever you end up doing.
                  sigpic
                  . .......Man Vs Slug
                  Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                  Nutters Club Member

Comment

Bright this morning but chilly. Forecast two thunderstorms today but no hail. Last of the current batch of toms due to go out as soon as it warms up a bit outside. My toms are the worst I've ever grown. Seeds from various sources (MoreVeg, Premier Seeds Direct, Nicky's Nursery, Baumaux and Thelma Sanders). So I don't think it can be the seeds but the compost. Either that or it's me. But they really are rubbish. Anyway, I'll buy some plug plants to top up the supplies because they might come to nothing.

So, today's doings: Mr Snoop will be making me an arch for growing my Tromba plant up and I will be sowing sweetcorn and courgettes direct. Depending on the weather and work, I'll get a couple more beds ready and then plan the irrigation system for the main patch. Oh, and look through my seeds to see whether there's time to catch up with things I still haven't started. Better get some new compost first, though.

Have a great day, folks.
                    Last edited by Snoop Puss; 22-05-2018, 06:44 AM.

Comment

Morning, the winds making it feel much cooler here today but I suppose its better for gardening. No rain due here until Friday so I've been out early watering my seedlings.
                      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Mornin n'alln'all
                        Busy start and busy day ahead...but....I did manage to go swimming for an hour yesterday...
                        What I want to know is how can floating up and down a pool make you ache so much the following day?????...I was hardly going fast!
                        Yup....I already know the answer....totally unfit

See ya later peeps....
                        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Good morning all.
                          A bit of a dull start but no rain forecast so that's good.
                          Laundry this morning and then off to the park.
                          Ironing this evening if the sun doesn't shine.
                          Lots going on in my life at the moment so I need to get as much as possible done.
                          Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                          And your hands begin to harden.
                          You will find yourself a partner,
                          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

...and the iron has overheated

...such a pity...
                            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Morning all. Been a day of achieving so far. Caulies sown at last, also some runner beans and solved the mystery of the wasps in our back porch. Been finding them down on the floor, just the odd one, every couple of days. Anyway, to cut a long story short, wasps nest no bigger than a inch and a half across found in the woodstore attached to the porch. Nest now removed and sitting in a jam jar vibrating .

Now anticipating lunch. Made a pot of broccoli and stilton soup, yummie.

Also discovered how I manage to do some typos when I'm tired. See my post #65 above.

Comment

Grey and showery this morning, at least I got some washing dry yesterday afternoon Made some more bread this morning and some kitchen tidying/cleaning. Dishwasher and washmachine both now chugging away - that Smart meter is glowing red AGAIN! it's frightening at times

I might get some more weeding done after lunch, if I'm lucky.

I hope you're all having a good day

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X