Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have work to do in the garden. I also had some urgent admin to do that i’ve been putting off. I decided the admin had to be done or I wouldn’t be comfortable outside. Thought it was a 20 min job...so 3 hours later. By this time it’s too hot to do the work outside. So off to the pub for a quick g’n t in the garden. But wait.... the pub has closed so I went to have a chat with my eldest in the next town (5 miles). Now waiting for the weather to cool down a bit. My ankles are very swollen which seems to be a regular event nowadays. It seems to be a symptom of age that I could do without.

A bonus is that the tv is rubbish until 9pm so I won’t be tempted to watch it until i’ve done some work.

Oh great! Next door are doing DIY on the party wall. Noisily.
    Last edited by JanieB; 03-06-2018, 04:29 PM.
    "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
    "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
    Oxfordshire

Comment

• Good evening all.
      Had a lovely day out in the garden.
      Pottered in and out as it was so hot.
      OH went to see the tall ships and came home exhausted.
      Clouds everywhere so glad I made the right decision.
      Hope everyone else had a good day.

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good evening/morning select your choice
        It has been a warm but cloudy day today, and after church we decided to spend the day in the garden, so I have set up a large tub for runner beans, then constructed a climbing frame for a pumpkin, then started planting up some flower tubs, and as I still have a number of baskets to make up I have made up a large temporary potting bench outside the greenhouse which will allow me to do some work outside where it is cooler, but was unable to start this evening as I had to go to Glasgow to pick up my grandson and granddaughter who were at a concert in Hampden Park, and it takes forever to get away from there, now I am off to bed so I wish you all a very good night
        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Well, first in again. I'll put the kettle on but you'll all have to help yourselves, I'm afraid. Too busy to hang around. Have a good day everyone. Catch you later.

Oh, forgot, hope you had a lovely day yesterday, FF. Leave a message and I'll read it later.

Comment

• Good Morning Snoop, why do early? Morning All Lovely day yesterday thank you Snoop. Hot again already. Have a good day
            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all
              Urmm...sploshy stuff?...wasn't supposed to get here until mid afternoon!
              Ah well...good for the new plants OH planted out yesterday
              Looks like my window boxes will have to wait..again.

Helping a friend pack up her books later...she's moving back to the UK.
              No doubt tea and nattering will be involved

Just fancy making a chocolate mousse as we have lots of eggs at the mo.
              Maybe lemon curd too??? Hmmm....

Have a great day peeps...see ya later....
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Lemon curd, Nicos, definitely lemon curd. Makes my mouth water just thinking about it. If you save some till tomorrow, I'll make some crumpets.

FF, I'm up so very, very early and to be so very, very late because I'm doing a massive job that is far more massive than I was originally told. And I gave them a deadline without inspecting it, as usually this client is very good at assessing workload.

Hard to concentrate, so I keep dropping in here for company. Anyway, on with the show.

Comment

• Crumpets???...do share your recipe Snoop!

Comment

• Morning, last nights GH was the warmest yet at 15.8c and that was with the louvre and door open. Crumpets with Marmite is my favourite but then Marmite's is good on anything.
                    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                      Crumpets with Marmite is my favourite but then Marmite's is good on anything.
                      Crumpets YES

Marmite YUCK!

Morning people, overcast and cooler today.....
                      Last edited by Cadalot; 04-06-2018, 07:13 AM.
                      sigpic
                      . .......Man Vs Slug
                      Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                      Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                        Crumpets???...do share your recipe Snoop!
                        https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...ets_89670.html

A friend bought himself some crumpet rings. Never used them so has let me have them on long-term loan (meaning I will pay rent on them in the form crumpets, eventually...).

Comment

• Good morning all.
                          Another beautiful sunny day and it's a bank holiday,
                          Nothing planned just yet.

Crumpets, toasted with butter and cinnamon sprinkled on top.
                          One of my favourite treats.

Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                          And your hands begin to harden.
                          You will find yourself a partner,
                          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Feeling like an exhausted superwoman at the moment!
                            Made the chocolate mousse, and the lemon curd...then some scones ....and then shared /dropped them off amongst 2friends, then spent 3 hrs packing boxes full of books ready for her house move next month.

Need to get into the garden and do a few more jobs before the threatened storm arrives...

( Just feel like watching the new chooks!)

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
                              https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...ets_89670.html

A friend bought himself some crumpet rings. Never used them so has let me have them on long-term loan (meaning I will pay rent on them in the form crumpets, eventually...).
                              Crumpet ring I thought that you just poured the mix into the pan or hot plate and let it spread out, evidently you make a different type of crumpet, me I like a bit of fruit in mine, and I like them big enough to allow you to roll them up
                              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Are you talking about Scotch pancakes, Rary? They're another teatime delight.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X