Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Late to the show today. I've been really living it up: went out to our local big metropolis (population 2000), saw the great wide world, picked up my Amazon order of two new carbon steel pans from the post office and went on a bit of a spree (bought Pedigree bone-type treats for the dogs rather than the shop's own-brand and some expensive coffee). Nothing like living out in the sticks to make you appreciate exciting times!

Storm due this afternoon (again). More for the next few days ahead. Fingers crossed for rain, no hail.

Hope you're all having a lovely day.

Comment

• Good evening/morning, you pick still trying to catch up with work required, done some weeding today and sowed peas and beans, also had to move the urn that contains my seaweed as when I walked up to the greenhouse I could smell the stuff before I was near it, fortunately OH hadn't been near enough to smell it or she would have wanted it emptied and the container binned, did a more thorough check today and it appears that all the losses have been flowers, two trays of dahlias, two of marigolds and one each of pansies and begonias, I don't like losing them but fortunately I have enough to cover of all the losses, I have also been planting out some of the flower plants that have been hardening off and will now need to try and catch up with the hanging basket requirements, well enjoy your day tomorrow and pass on a smile Goodnight
      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all

Wow....that was an interesting storm we had yesterday evening!
        Loads and loads of flashes, very strong winds blowing things over in the garden, huge, heavy splashes of rain, and loss of phone and Internet for quite a while!
        I half expected the electricity to drop, but it didn't.
        Looks like a lot of flowers have been flattened
        Lots of fruit buds on the ground too

Ah well...At least the ground is nice and moist again!
        Anyone else affected?
        Snoop?...hope you didn't get hailstones again?...I was thinking about you.

Sorry to hear about your greenhouse losses rary....most frustrating.

No definite plans for today....I have about 9 pots of apple mint jelly which need recooking with more sugar as it didn't set...might get round to doing that at some point.

Hopefully more gardening

See ya later peeps...enjoy your day.
        Last edited by Nicos; 27-05-2018, 04:44 AM.
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good Morning All Another sunny one here. Have a good day
          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Well the sun is shining - and for once this is annoying becasue the forecast is rain/thunderstorms and my lambs need vaccinating but I can't do that if they are going to get wet! This is leading to indecision and procrastination.

It's too nice to clean the house - so another year slips by....

Soo much needs doing in the garden - maybe write a list.....

Also wedding on Wednesday so I have to stay away from the fridge/kitchen/fruit basket!

OK up. up and away - lamb milk, cat food, poo sampling bags. Have a good one.
            "A life lived in fear is a life half lived."

PS. I just don't have enough time to say hello to everyone as they join so please take this as a delighted to see you here!

Comment

• ^Good luck, marchogaeth. Not sure about the third of your tasks for the day...

Anyway, glad you survived the storm, Nicos. We had no hail, thank goodness. Thanks for thinking of me! Big storms forecast for tomorrow, Tuesday and Wednesday. Fingers crossed! Cloudy here today, making it a bit cooler. Cooler weather is good. Yesterday felt like summer already, yet the poppies are now out, a month later than usual. Even Mr Snoop noticed. We had a very long spring last year, this year it feels like it's going to be just a couple of weeks from a long winter to a very early summer.

So, today... Paid work and lots thereof as I'm way behind. For fun, I'll be seasoning my other pan and cooking a fish that's new to me, corvina. Had sea bream fillet yesterday. Gorgeous. One of my favourite fish and on special offer. The corvina came recommended by the fishmonger so thought I'd give it a try. It looked big enough for four, but after filleting it came out as big enough for two, so not cheap. It had better be good!

Right, have a jolly day everyone. Somebody please drink a glass of wine (better still, two) for me as I won't be having any and it is a Sunday...

Comment

• I've heard of an Italian grape called that, never a fish, found this though
                http://recipes.wikia.com/wiki/Corvin..._Garlic_Butter
                Last edited by burnie; 27-05-2018, 08:31 AM.

Comment

• Morning all. Lovely day yesterday spent at the beach for Mr HH birthday. Youngest sliced thumb open on the potato peeler while looking for scissors - must be tough, no tears, and wandered around house continuing hunt for scissors until blood was all over both hands and tummy fairly deep cut but clean, so taped together with butterfly plasters and all ok.

Rain this morning thankfully, but not enough I think. Aiming to have picnic lunch out somewhere. Then work tomorrow. OH and children on half-term so they'll be off having fun somewhere.

Aiming to get cucs potted up in gh today.
                  Another happy Nutter...

Comment

• Yum. That looks good, Burnie. Thanks. I might give that a go. Maybe with a bit less butter though!

Edited to add: Mr Snoop asked for capers instead of garlic and very enjoyable it was. Thanks.
                    Last edited by Snoop Puss; 27-05-2018, 02:28 PM.

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all

Dippy eggs n'soldiers today...anyone else want some?
                      Kettle's on!...help yourselves.

Hoping to get some planting out done today -if the rain holds off. Funny how 2 different weather forecasters say different things isn't it?
                      * wanders over to see what Pen suggests as she's always more accurate!

Comment

• Pass on the dippy eggs, Nicos, but thanks for the offer. I've got some biscuits here if anyone wants to help themselves (i.e. stop me eating them all myself).

Very brief but extremely heavy rainfall in the night. Not a huge total volume (11 litres per square metre) but still very welcome. Amazingly, only a couple of my tom plants were flattened. I think they'll survive. Haven't been to look at the potatoes yet... Too boggy in places. Darksky gives us a total of 28 litres for today, starting up again any time soon and continuing till the evening. So, probably a bit more gentle. Perfect.

Some of the sweetcorn, Soleil courgettes and cucumber have germinated. No sign of the Tromba or Black Beauty courgettes as yet. Still early days, as I only sowed them on the 22nd.

Today's plan: persuade Mr Snoop to make me a big, frothy white coffee when he gets up and then stay in doors and do paid work. No surfing for carbon steel pans, honest.

Right, on with the show. Have a fantastic day, everyone.

Edited to add: Wrong on the gentle rain. It's pelting it down.

Edited again to add: Got an answer from Amazon vendor. Two pans now purchased, so definitely no surfing required...
                        Last edited by Snoop Puss; 28-05-2018, 07:29 AM.

Comment

• Nice site there Snoop....our location comes up!
                          So....apart from your hiccup of pelting down instead of drizzle do you find it pretty accurate?
                          If so, I've got til 2pm to work outside!

Comment

• Good Morning All Overcast here so expecting rain soon. Have a good day
                            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning All

Misty here at the moment with sunshine forecast for later....I wonder what I might be doing today

Enjoy the Bank Holiday

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                                Nice site there Snoop....our location comes up!
                                So....apart from your hiccup of pelting down instead of drizzle do you find it pretty accurate?
                                If so, I've got til 2pm to work outside!
                                Reasonably so. Our valley is an odd microclimate, but for the village, yes, it's reasonably accurate. I've given up on Accuweather. The rain has settled into heavy drizzle now. Hope you manage to get some gardening in.
                                Last edited by Snoop Puss; 28-05-2018, 07:54 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X