Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Tuesday everyone Hope none of you are in the flooded areas!
    Its hazy but warm here - good weather for weeding. Had to go to the quacks this morning for my MOT. Amused myself, whilst sat in the waiting area, watching an ant walking along the tiled floor. It was interesting how it preferred to walk along the grout between the tiles than on them. If it swerved onto the tiles, it immediately headed back to the grout. I was so fascinated by this ant and its ant-ics that I wanted to tell someone in the waiting room but, they all looked as if they wouldn't find anything interesting - so I kept it to myself and just watched the floor. Maybe they thought I was bored too?

There was a TV screen showing all sorts of Health advice including how to maintain muscle strength as you get older. Simple exercises with a chair and walking/lowering yourself. Again, the urge nearly overcame me - the urge to get everyone onto their feet and do those exercises. I didn't, just twiddled my feet, but couldn't help feeling that most of the people could have spent their waiting time better by doing these exercises that sitting there looking bored.

Nipped into Sainsbugs afterwards and realised I'd forgotten to bring carrier bags from the car. We've been paying 5p for years and this is the first time I've forgotten them. However, my luck was in - my neighbour was there and I borrowed a bag of hers on condition that I posted it back through her letterbox afterwards.

You have to agree - I live an interesting life.

Hope yours is as fun-filled!

Comment

• Good evening.
      A walk in the park this morning.
      I never get tired of the park as there is always something going on.
      At the moment the gardeners are designing new flower beds.
      After lunch so made a strawberry tunnel.
      As the water butt is empty and the drugs and the buckets I took the opportunity to wash them all out, now just waiting for the rain to fill them up again.
      Dead headed my Polyanthus and removed all the spent wallflowers.
      Watered the plants in the greenhouse and damped it down twice.
      All now done for the day.

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Interesting day. I went to friends for lunch yesterday and as I'd drunk too much i had to leave the car there. So my first job today was to retrieve it. They live on the perifery of "do I take the car" or "do I walk". So the pups had an early walk. I then took my granddaughter (the one that made me a Great grandmother) out to lunch. She had been given the job of walking the dog. So we parked in the market square and walked to the pub, ate, and walked back to the car. He's rather large and I drive a Mini.

I seem to have the same relationship with my gdaughter that I had with my Gmother. We can tell each other stuff we can't tell her mother and we have such a laugh. Our lunches are a regular event.

I had garden stuff to do but it was persisting down by the time I got home, never mind it won't have disappeared by tomorrow unless the gardening fairy turns up.

Oh, and VC, I leave one of those big blue Ik3a bags in my boot for shopping. Not that I can put much in the boot.
        "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
        "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
        Oxfordshire

Comment

• Evening all. Productive day at work, new customer very pleased with how her pond now looking. Hot again, so OH and Imet up in the afternoon with friends at the beach. Youngest decided to stay on dry land but the rest of us took turns playing in the waves - youngest and friend had lots of fun body boarding.

Managed to get some time in the garden in the evening which was good. Still no rain but might get some tomorrow.

Hope OT visit went well Cad.

Night all...
          Another happy Nutter...

Comment

• First one here this morning. Better put the kettle on... No frock for me, it's too chilly and damp for a dress. Better find some nice thick trousers and a warm jumper.

I'll leave the tea makings out. Plus, there's instant coffee today (those cappuccino sachets) as no time to make a pot of real coffee. Help yourselves.

Have a great day. See you later.

Comment

• Good Morning Snoop and All But cooler here today too and looking like rain. Haircut later. Have a good day
              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning
                It does feel like rain doesn't it Flo but the met office haven't given any out for us today but they do get it wrong. Anyway I could do with some today my GH water butt is empty.
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all
                  Ta muchly for the tea Snoop.

Talk about heavy rain overnight...it's kept me awake bouncing off the window (rain...not me!)
                  Funny thing was that we also had a full moon at the same time. Looked really strange!
                  I found out later you can get rainbows with moonlight if it's a bright moon. Wish I'd known that cos I would have checked.

That was a good link Snoop for thunder storms. When I checked it out there was a dot about 20 miles away and I could see the flashes!

Weeding the gravel driveway was easy yesterday as the soil was very wet and they pulled up like a dream.
                  Talking of water....might go for a quick swim later.

Here's wishing rain to those who want it and not for those who gave had enough...
                  *remember this might be your last chance to fill up containers with water for the summer...have you got enough?

See ya later....
                  "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning, we have the thick fog again, not cold, but it does look Autumnal for the end of May, out for the day have nice one all.

Comment

• Morning people, lots of thunder and rain yesterday afternoon and a huge downpour over night, with umm guess what more rain and cooler temperatures today dropping from 26C to 13C and it feels cold. On a positive note I don't have to go and water at the allotment and I'm guessing the access road is once again flooded anyway.

Wife to the hospital for more blood test today and then I need to sit down and do a structural evaluation of an Architects drawings for a client, so poor weather should keep me in my broom cupboard office working.
                      sigpic
                      . .......Man Vs Slug
                      Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                      Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Morning All

I keep reading about all this rain and thunder but have yet to see or here any, apart from 30 minutes of light rain yesterday afternoon.

Wishing you all a happy Wednesday

Comment

• Morning, another beautiful day on the cards, going to do nothing but enjoy it today, but first a coffee! Have a great day all!
                          sigpic

Comment

• Good morning all.
                            Another lovely sunny day here.
                            All water butts are empty and waiting for a rain refill.
                            Out for some grocery shopping and A run in the park.
                            Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                            And your hands begin to harden.
                            You will find yourself a partner,
                            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all,we had rain from the early hours,still damp and drizzly,but we need it,unfortunatly it has stopped the garden project for now,have a good day and Bgood2yrselves.
                              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                                Morning
                                It does feel like rain doesn't it Flo but the met office haven't given any out for us today but they do get it wrong. Anyway I could do with some today my GH water butt is empty.
                                Afternoon

The metoffice changed the forecast an hour after I posted and its been raining here since 9am.
                                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X