Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flo I've got a Kindle fire and its really handy to have especially for summer time in the garden.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good afternoon, sitting having a cup of tea and watching the birds at the feeders when one came the feeder that I don't normally see, it is larger than a blue tit and more streamlined a blue Gray back and rust coloured chest a grey skull cap with a black band and it also has a long pointed beak, so could any of you bird watchers let me know what type of bird it is
      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• A Bullfinch?

Comment

• or a redstart?

Comment

• Not a bullfinch Thelma this is slightly larger than a sparrow but slimmer looking, I will need to go and find out what a redstart looks like
            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• And not a redstart I will try and get a photograph of this bird, it is one I have never seen in the garden

Comment

• Artnoon All - the sun's gone in and so have I.

Flo - hope the tablet helped you find your bearings. It awful being lost.

Rary - sounds like a male chaffinch - but I know you'll say it wasn't.

I popped into Siansbugs this morning, looking at their clothing racks (the top rail is always just out of reach - but that's another story). Suddenly, a man's head popped around the end of the row and said "What do you think of this?". When he saw me, he was a bit taken aback - but I said it suited him and he should buy it. Then his wife appeared, as she had disappeared down the racks!!
                He was wearing https://tuclothing.sainsburys.co.uk/...searchProduct=
                Made me laugh and we seemed to bump into each other in several other aisles afterwards. Despite my encouragement, he didn't buy the hat!!
                Reminded me of rary, as he was quite old!!

Happy Monday

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                  Rary - sounds like a male chaffinch - but I know you'll say it wasn't.

Made me laugh and we seemed to bump into each other in several other aisles afterwards. Despite my encouragement, he didn't buy the hat!!
                  Reminded me of rary, as he was quite old!!

Happy Monday
                  You are correct VC it wasn't a chaffinch
                  As for the man reminding you of me was it because he was so young at hart

Comment

• At my sons watching our grandsons and darting about the artificial grass at the back door is a wee wren my favourite bird, even in front of an old battery hen that I know
                    This seems to be a day for the birds, I still haven't identified the first one I posted about I have checked through a book of British birds but couldn't find it, once I am home I will try checking through the internet then the wren followed with getting slagged by VC again but no matter I am not complaining, as I was taught to respect my elders

Comment

• What about a Brambling, rary?
                      https://www.rspb.org.uk/birds-and-wi...z/b/brambling/

https://www.bto.org/about-birds/bird...inch-brambling

Yes, the man in the turkey hat was young at heart but old in body Like you, much older than me
                      Last edited by veggiechicken; 27-11-2017, 04:16 PM.

Comment

• Well I've made cottage pies, cheese scones and cherry scones and I'm about to do the ironing. What day off? Tried a Kindle fire Bren but had to return it after a few hours with the techies who couldn't sort out a gremlin. Trying again with another Az Fire now. Catch you all laters
                        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good afternoon all,
                          Rary i have had a look,could it be 1 of these,
                          eurasian nuthatch,white throated robin,
                          Gone really cold here now,feels like snow in the air,but alexa says not.
                          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• LD it looks very like the Eurasian Nuthatch, in colour and short tail and I think size but the black band I thought was above the eye but I could be wrong and of course when I got my camera out it never came back, the last time it came in to the feeder I had put more feeding in it and there was more sunflower hearts in the mix I don't know if it made any difference

Comment

• Is it a nuthatch? (super edit: how slow am I to catch up )

Just been told there is an influx this year of hawfinches and nuthatches

edit: Oops, sorry. Evening all, hope you are all having a better one than me. I am on small child sickness alert. Fingers crossed she isn't as bad as my youngest was on Friday.
                              Last edited by Norfolkgrey; 28-11-2017, 06:56 AM. Reason: being rude

Comment

• Good evening. Spent the afternoon working on one of my strawberry towers. After that went in to watch my daily dose of the Causton cops aka Midsomer murders on the computer.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X