"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• I totally agree Nicos, nature is wonderful
      Nannys make memories

Comment

• Originally posted by craftymarie View Post
        Our school didn't do dressing up for World Book Day
        marie if I am standing here with a pile of ironing and an iron in my hand, what book character do I portray................Iron Man

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
        I'm hoping to get it all under my belt my mid week
        Is this because you have lost 12lbs.
        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
          Oh...now yr in trouble Bren!
          OK sorry and I promise not to mention bacon, mushrooms or brown sauce tomorrow morning when I post.
          Last edited by Bren In Pots; 04-03-2017, 07:45 PM. Reason: auto correct
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Rary, you are worth are read every day What would we do without you!

Hope Mrs C is feeling a bit better and you get to your greenhouse Cad.

Bit of a boring day, supervising homework and school book reading. Homework was on the computer doing powerpoint which neither I nor daughter has ever used before so I was trying my best not to swear. Thankfully homework all out of the way so we can have a more interesting day tomorrow!

When's the weather going to improve!

Have a good evening all
            LOVE growing food to eat in my little town back garden. Winter update: currently growing overwintering onions, carrots, lettuce, chard, salad leaves, kale, cabbage, radish, beetroot, garlic, broccoli raab, some herbs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
              Hope Mrs Cad's pain eases off soon Cad
              Thank you everyone who equired about Mrs C, I finally managed to get to the allotment but only for about 3 hours as I came back to feed and water Mrs C who is having a rest day in bed with some pain killers, an x-ray of her hip is in order on Monday, and my daughter will be house sitting so the builders can get back in and continue with the wet room.

I didn't manage to erect the greenhouse as I left the spanners at home! but I did manage to dig weed, de stone and wash the stones to go under the paving for one of two onion beds. The cunning plan was to leave early as my daughter will be around and get some hours in tomorrow but it's gone from being overcast to heavy rain on the forcast.

Some one somewhere up there just does not want me to get on with the jobs I have on the allotment. Birthday Quad Biking next Saturday with eldest daughter and her significant other so Mrs C has to be better by then.
              Last edited by Cadalot; 04-03-2017, 11:15 PM.
              sigpic
              . .......Man Vs Slug
              Click Here for my Diary and Blog
              Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Evening All I nipped out this afternoon for a bit of shopping and ended up in £land with a basket full of vermiculite (5 ltrs for a squid).
                Also bought a cookery/allotment book which looks quite readable. https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00FB6XK...ng=UTF8&btkr=1 Can't go wrong for a £1
                Then to Morries where they had yellow stickered 2 bouquets of lilies from £5 to 29p
                Quite a good afternoon really, despite the rain!
                Everyone OK?

Comment

• Good evening Folks, haven't done much as I was watching a neighbours dog today's and was out walking her a couple of times, and also spent some time in the greenhouse, where I transplanted some leeks, onions and pansies, I also potted on lily plants from some scales I had removed a couple of month as ago, so quite happy about that might try some others now, it actually stayed dry with the Sun out three or four times, but there was a chill in the wind all day, had a read of a paper, and I see that the toilets in a London police station was stolen, the police have nothing to go on Well I thought it was funny
                  I think I will have an early night tonight, but here's a tip for Grapes with teenagers, stick their phone to your brow, so that you can kid on that they are looking at you when you talk to them, as for the Grapes who are well past the teenage children years, don't worry about old age , it doesn't last. Goodnight free
                  it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Morning all, I was hoping the weather forecast was going to improve over night ....

Nope does not look good for a visit to the allotment today, I think I will see what there is I can sow instead in that way I can make the erection of the greenhouse on my second plot an even more urgent task!
                    Last edited by Cadalot; 05-03-2017, 06:15 AM.
                    sigpic
                    . .......Man Vs Slug
                    Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Mornin Cad...n'all!
                      Stop showing off...2plots!

You might be 'pleased' to hear tis raining down here too?

My plans for today (ie. planA)....is more seedswap stuff and possibly a swim.
                      Failing that, probably domestic chores.

Think I fancy sowing more seeds too Cad. I could do with getting some broad beans but not seen any in the garden centres (some typical U.K. veg are hard to find over here)
                      Must try harder !
                      Last edited by Nicos; 05-03-2017, 06:29 AM.
                      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning everyone, first time I've managed to get on in a couple of days it's been really early starts and late finishing since Wednesday. Weather's overcast here with a couple of showers forecast but hopefully down to the plot this morning with my son who has volunteered his services (and therefore clearly wants something!).
                        I'd arranged a 20% discount for our allotment group with the local garden centre back in Jan- it was for compost, muck, BFB, pellets that sort of thing and they dropped a bulk delivery off for us which was loaded into the storage container. We're now into March and the only person who hasn't shifted their stuff out is me so that's got to be done today, other than that it's pottering in the tunnel and getting some more broadys sown.
                        Have a great day whatever you find yourself doing.

Comment

• Good morning all Dull start here. Enjoy your Sunday
                          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all sunny start here so me thinks its time to get digging
                            When you have a hammer in your hand everything around you starts looking like a nail.

Comment

• Originally posted by jonny the plant pot View Post
                              Morning all sunny start here so me thinks its time to get digging
                              That's it rub it in why don't you I thought dash to the allotment drop off the bags of sand and onion weed weed membrane, perhaps even lay it and weight it down before the rain starts. Two sacks of sand just inside the gates off I trot down the path to get the wheelbarrow and the heavens open. So I'm back a little damp but at least the sand is out of the boot of the car.
                              Last edited by Cadalot; 05-03-2017, 08:17 AM.
                              sigpic
                              . .......Man Vs Slug
                              Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Well, a little while ago I ordered 10 dahlia tubers to go either in pots on balcony or in small bed on allotment, specifically for cut flowers, 10!

Yesterday my order arrived, with a note saying they were out of stock of dahlias, so instead have sent me 425 ! Summer bulbs! About 6 different varieties

Very nice, but what to do, not even remotely near what I ordered. Am thinking my friends and neighbors may be benefiting!
                                DottyR

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X