Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why not sow some Dahlias from seed Dorothy they are very easy to grow.

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning its raining here so no gardening here might play in the GH with seeds.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Dull and overcast here, but at the moment it's dry after yesterdays torrents, my wee tunnel survived the gales yesterday, so plans to put some early carrots in there in the next few days.

Comment

• Raining here today, so miserable out.
          Domestics fir me to do, then prep tomorrow's dinner as I am looking after the GG again. Roll on Wednesday
          Have a great day
          Nannys make memories

Comment

• Oh good - lashing it down again! 'Cos we haven't had enough rain. Grrrrr. Need to walk to the shop and get Sunday paper .... and I really don't want to put my waders on. This has rather put a dent in my gardening plans today, so I may have to play in the potting shed (back of the garage). Hope it's not wet where you are - unless you are living in a drought area.

Comment

• Very windy, slightly hazy sky. Hope the wind dries the ground out a bit before more rain comes. My clayey soil has a plasticine-like quality to it today. No chance of digging or sowing broad beans or peas. Potatoes are chitting away quite nicely in the bedroom. No-one has tripped up over them yet. Hope that isn't 'famous last words'.

Tried to get to grips this morning with all the seeds I have. I think I have rather too many types of carrots and lettuce... I haven't even got to the squash seeds yet! More came in my last delivery of seeds and I couldn't remember ordering them, but there they were on the order form. What was I thinking of ordering seeds for 5 kg beasts when there are just two of us to eat them? I presume I was thinking that I probably wouldn't succeed in growing them that big, but I really have no recollection. My senior moments are coming thick and fast!

Edited to add the all important: Have a jolly day everyone.
              Last edited by Snoop Puss; 05-03-2017, 10:46 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bramble View Post
                Why not sow some Dahlias from seed Dorothy they are very easy to grow.
                Problem is, I live in a town house, no garden, (tiny space in front, already chock a block) just balconies, so thinks in planters, and very little room on allotment ( for 420 bulbs!)
                DottyR

Comment

• The Sun is shining and as I have things to do, I will be planting twenty odd lily bulbs some gladioli so will be busy for a time. Enjoy the day
                  it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Only managed 2hrs in bed last night. I spent the rest of it on the sofa. Poor Hollie really wasn't well so I had to take her to the emergency vet this morning. Turns out she has an adverse reaction to her painkillers. It's a known problem and had I been told about it it would've saved me £200. She's now recovering on the sofa and still isn't interested in food or water.

So, as I'm not keen on leaving her on her own, I've got out another propogator and am going through seeds to see what else I can start off at this time. Oh and it's raining after a beautiful morning which I spent in the vets!
                    "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                    "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                    Oxfordshire

Comment

• Good evening,

Still no internet. Just at my parents house using theirs until ours gets sorted(Whenever that is) So will be back on here soon.
                      Carrie

Comment

• Rain showers and hailstones this afternoon ugh
                        Nannys make memories

Comment

• ^^^^ snap!

Lots of lovely rainbows though

Janie..hope Holly gets over it quickly.
                          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Been raining all day and still is Hope Hollie is better soon. Pork, stuffing and crackling sandwiches here
                            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• OK, day didn't work out as planned, left the house and popped to the garden centre which is just down the road and picked some dahlia seed on the way to the plot. The rain didn't stop. Before I left I asked son what footwear he had for the allotment and it turns out all he has is his school shoes that fit (ok admittedly they're not shoes anymore they're trainers [and blady expensive too, don't get me started on that one] so he couldn't come down and had to help Mrs JJ with some shopping as, unbeknown to me, we suddenly have visitors coming for lunch. Now, I love my plot, but I also love a Sunday lunch and with a tremendously heavy heart I had to leave the plot with half a dozen seedy trays, some manky capillary matting (that I still managed to wash in the kitchen sink before she got home shhhhh) and settle down with some cheeky Guinness and a nice bottle of red wine. Dinner was lovely, guests have now gone and am currently sitting in the bath (with wine) and thinking that life is good

Comment

• Good evening, a nice day here today after church was in the garden for a few hours, planting flower bulbs, my legs are sore from digging through the layers of cardboard that I have down, so I think I will go to bed to see if OH will give me a massage Naw I would better to go and take a cold shower, of course this is to cool my legs down . Well enjoy the new week I hope you can get some gardening done when you stop work with the days Lengthening, I just hope my OH sleeps well into the morning, for if she sees day break I will get blamed for it. Goodnight
                                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X