Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any problems with viewing/using the Vine?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Although the layout is different now, at least it is possible to access the latest post on any thread after coming on via the "New Posts" link. It's just a bit over spaced now imho.

For the avoidance of doubt though, my problems were with my laptop (via chrome) and not a tablet or phone.

Comment

I haven't had any problems on my laptop/chrome It all looks the same as before.

Comment

Recent IT changes

Is is just me or has there been recent IT changes here that has led to a odd user experience.

Or is it just because I'm using iPad?

Odd...

Comment

Some threads about it at http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ine_85904.html and http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ml#post1358906

Comment

One thing I've noticed is the initial login sections doesn't work and actually shows your password. Can't quite tell but does it attempt to send password in plain text?

Either way when it fails then next screen does allow me to login

Comment

Links not working

Whilst I do quite like the new mobile layout on my iPad - only about 1mm of the orange side bars visible in portrait and I quite like the cascading staircase effect when multiple photos are posted on a thread - I have a problem with links.

The last link whether it be a photo in the last post on a page or an option in a menu isn't selectable in portrait. However, if I turn the iPad to landscape then I get the desktop layout and the links all work fine. I think this is a new bug that's crept in with the last update as I didn't notice this the other day.
              Posted on an iPad so apologies for any randomly auto-corrected gobbledegook

Comment

Thanks for that spamvindaloo, I will flag it to the tech bod's
                He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

Whilst I agree it I s good being able to read in portrait again. I still need to be able to stretch the screen so I can read the tiny print. At the moment I can't really be bothered to come on here as it is such hard work.

Comment

Originally posted by WendyC View Post
                    Whilst I agree it I s good being able to read in portrait again. I still need to be able to stretch the screen so I can read the tiny print. At the moment I can't really be bothered to come on here as it is such hard work.
                    I can't zoom in on the ipad at all, not sure if I could before though.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

I can't stretch the screen on the iPad either.
                      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Using this site on a Kindle is a thing of the past, I fear... well, the one I've got anyway. Very vexing. Ho hum

Comment

Really irritating tonight, as you scroll down a touch screen it's now started to scroll through the individual posts so you have to scroll very carefully otherwise it does t really move. Didn't do that earlier

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Comment

Oh and there us a strange horizontal line part way down each post and some signatures aren't in footer text. On a plus point doesn't seem orange anymore.....

Comment

Still orange here!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alison View Post
                                Really irritating tonight, as you scroll down a touch screen it's now started to scroll through the individual posts so you have to scroll very carefully otherwise it does t really move. Didn't do that earlier
                                Noticed that earlier. Put your finger/stylus etc on the post header (where username, location etc is) not in the body of the text, it is annoying though.

Originally posted by Alison View Post
                                Oh and there us a strange horizontal line part way down each post and some signatures aren't in footer text. On a plus point doesn't seem orange anymore.....
                                Haven't seen orange bars for most of the day, just about 1mm of white. However, if I turn to landscape, the orange strikes back.... Have signatures turned off so don't know about that bit.
                                Posted on an iPad so apologies for any randomly auto-corrected gobbledegook

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X