Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any problems with viewing/using the Vine?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spamvindaloo View Post
    Haven't seen orange bars for most of the day, just about 1mm of white. However, if I turn to landscape, the orange strikes back.... Have signatures turned off so don't know about that bit.
    Oh yes, see what you mean about the orange. At least it's not coming up all orange when I first open a post though before the text loads like it was yesterday.

By the way, find it funny that you've turned off signatures but have one set that presumably you can't see

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Originally posted by Alison View Post
      Really irritating tonight, as you scroll down a touch screen it's now started to scroll through the individual posts so you have to scroll very carefully otherwise it does t really move. Didn't do that earlier
      That's also irritating me but I've no sign of orange which really is a blessing.

Comment

Jumping all over the place tonight for me when you try to scroll down.

Bit frustrating...

Comment

OK, with previous updates or the various ads that people complain about I've kept relatively quiet as it's not bothered me that much but this is getting silly. Every time I come on something has changed. There currently appears no way of accessing What's New in landscape. You can't see it normally and the pull down doesn't work. It is there in landscape but as it's a right pain working with such a small screen depth I'm twisting back and forth and it's doing my head in . Is there any news on how much longer this update is going to take so we have some idea when it's all going to settle down?

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Alison View Post
            Is there any news on how much longer this update is going to take so we have some idea when it's all going to settle down?
            Sorry Alison we (Mod's) are in the dark as much as you guys 'n gals, I did earlier today request information as to what stage the updates currently are, but have received no response
            He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

As BB says, we don't know when it will be sorted. We Mods are having the same problems as you and things we have to do behind the scenes are doubly difficult at the mo.
              Unfortunately for us, we have to cope with it - we can't just log out
              Admin are aware of all the issues and are working their way through them. That's as much as we know

Comment

Originally posted by bearded bloke View Post
                Sorry Alison we (Mod's) are in the dark as much as you guys 'n gals, I did earlier today request information as to what stage the updates currently are, but have received no response
                Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                As BB says, we don't know when it will be sorted. We Mods are having the same problems as you and things we have to do behind the scenes are doubly difficult at the mo.
                Unfortunately for us, we have to cope with it - we can't just log out
                Admin are aware of all the issues and are working their way through them. That's as much as we know
                Thanks for the update even if you don't know anything either

Comment

Oh- just to add, that there are apparently a team of peeps working on it and checking things out.

I imagine once they do one think it probably has a knock on effect - good or bad- on something else!
                  It's particularly difficult for us mods to manoeuvre around the site too- so all the support you can give us is much appreciated

One major way of helping us to help you is to keep posting on here with problems you come across so they are all nicely together as a reference for Admin to check out.

we'll certainly give you updates as we find out
                  "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Hi,
                    Don't know if its just my phone but since these updates my phone wont load up the Vine properly and today it has locked my phone up and then crashed it. Don't know if anyone else is having this problem.
                    sigpic

Comment

This site keeps crashing on my iPad.
                      Less so if I post through 'go advanced'
                      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

The site is going from bad to worse!

How long before a total meltdown or punters get sick of it and move onto another gardening forum?
                        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
                          The site is going from bad to worse!

How long before a total meltdown or punters get sick of it and move onto another gardening forum?
                          It is now beyond laughing about and what used to be an absolute pleasure is anything but that. Little things like having to click on an icon to navigate within the site when we could navigate without that extra step before. Receiving likes and being unable to identify who they are from without having to go to the post being liked to clarify and of course very day the appearance of the site is different and things just are not working.

The site managers should by now be telling us what they are trying to achieve. Whatever it is is certainly stretching my loyalty and from what Snadge says he is like minded and there will be others.

It certainly isn't the operational quality of the site that is keeping me meantime but I wouldn't want to move away from friends I've made over the many years I've been a member here.

It's a slippery slope though, if members start moving on to properly operational sites, the number of friends remaining will reduce.

I hate moaning but it's getting to be a bit much.

Comment

Originally posted by Aberdeenplotter View Post
                            It's a slippery slope though, if members start moving on to properly operational sites, the number of friends remaining will reduce.

I hate moaning but it's getting to be a bit much.
                            I only visit the site occasionally now for the very reasons stated above. Not only do I not take part in the discussions, I stopped buying the mag too.
                            What was a pleasure for years, quickly became a chore.
                            I feel sorry for the mods who get the mucky end of the stick every time.
                            Its Grand to be Daft...

https://www.youtube.com/user/beauchief1?feature=mhee

Comment

What's happened !!!

I've not been on for a while - and now have two wide orange advert bars running up the side of my screen (tablet).

The forum is now limited to a small area running up the middle, which I am unable to increase in size to make the words and pics see-able.
                              .......because you're thinking of putting the kettle on and making a pot of tea perhaps, you old weirdo. (Veggie Chicken - 25/01/18)

My Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnC..._as=subscriber

Comment

The only bonus I'm seeing on this site as it stands is this site allows bigger pics than another forum I'm on.
                                The layout issues everyone is mentioning as well as the ads are generally meaning the friendly folks are already moving on elsewhere... Even if we do ocassionally check in here to see if anything is better yet.

I don't understand why the powers that be would sabotage the forum?!

You poor mods that must log in everyday!!
                                Last edited by bearded bloke; 19-07-2015, 10:20 AM. Reason: removed forum name

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X