Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any problems with viewing/using the Vine?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bohobumble View Post
    the friendly folks are already moving on elsewhere...
    I'm staying here - guess that makes me unfriendly

Comment

now then folks....!!

I really need to say that if we Mods can put up with the painfully slow changes for now then surely you can too?? !

Come on- less of the talk of leaving this forum and going elsewhere please.
      Once it's all been sorted out it should be far better than it used to be on all appliances- well, that's what we're hoping
      Lets take one big step back and help Admin in explaining the knock on effects of what they are doing and where there are still problems.
      If we work together to help them then it should be sorted sooner than later.

Stiff upper lip n all that please- lets stick together- some of us have been around for years and it would be sad to break those friendships over a few days/weeks of difficulty.

New peeps to the site still need our help/are there to advise us.

We pride ourselves on helping each other out with responses way quicker than I have seen elsewhere- and it's this momentum of assistance/advice along with the friendship which makes the Vine the place it is/was/will be.

Personally I'm sad it's all affecting the use of the site- but we're all hoping/expecting that when we come out the other end things will be way better than any other site.

Hang on in there folks- we're still a brill community of gardeners!

Positive input please!!!!
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
        I'm staying here - guess that makes me unfriendly
        Not quite the point VC

Someone mentioned they'd made friends on here.

Well I've seen a few familiar friendly names on as another mod amended it to 'another site I am on' about gardening.
        Last edited by bearded bloke; 20-07-2015, 02:15 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

It's sad to see things as they are and the members ignored, little more than accidental click bait. To the folks on here tho, there is a desire to connect with other gardeners in a community setting to share experiences, when that is easier elsewhere, of course folks will leave.

I have the utmost sympathy for the mods here VC
          Last edited by Bohobumble; 19-07-2015, 11:44 AM. Reason: Autocorrect typo

Comment

I think the biggest problem is with mobile devices. I have terrible trouble viewing the Vine on my tablet or phone but on my PC with adblocker plus active, it isn't too bad and with the screen set to 125% the orange bars aren't too in your face. Sorry if this doesn't help those who only have mobile access, hopefully it will all be sorted soon.
            A garden is a lovesome thing, God wot! (Thomas Edward Brown)

Comment

Nico that's exactly the point, members want to connect about gardening, not whinge about how awful the forum is for the last few months.

It may not appear so from my last few posts lol

I find gardening a real pleasure in life where I can get away from life's stresses. I personally don't like having to whinge about something, when I want to be chatting gardening.

Anyways, off to my allotment to de-stress from this whinging!

Comment

I had a browse of the other place. Despite easier navigation and a few familiar faces, it doesn't have the atmosphere of the Vine. I think I'll stick around.
                My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
                Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

I don't know when this changed as I've been at work all weekend and was just viewing the vine on the PC rather than my iPad but this morning, I am unable to open any picture links unless I turn the iPad to landscape. Last week I was just having problems with the last link on the page.
                  Posted on an iPad so apologies for any randomly auto-corrected gobbledegook

Comment

This is what I got this afternoon!

Then when I go to type this happens and I can't see what I'm writing!!

Attached Files
                    sigpic

Comment

I only liked that Jay to thank you for sharing that.
                      I get the lower piccie on my ipad too.

Comment

I use an ordinary desktop and have no repeat NO problems what so ever.

OK I may not be enamoured of the orange bits but leave the Vine for what is after all a temporary hitch no way I've put up with a lot worse than this.

If the mods are having problems the ladies can borrow my rounder's bat, for the gents I can offer a ...................baseball bat!! And yes I know that's sexist it's meant to be

A little light relief may help.
                        Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

No good potty I want your arrows bud Do a proper job of it I say
                          He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

Not a problem BB have me hard hat as well
                            Attached Files
                            Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Good afternoon everyone,

As one of the moderators mentioned (I believe Nicos) we currently have a team working on improving the site for mobile and tablet users. Right now we're in the transitional period. Due to the sheer size of the forum there are segments which are missed (to pull a couple of the hat, individual scrollbar on posts) & drop down missing when clicking on a users name.

Bridget a member of the admin team is working through your posts at the moment and consolidating errors to hand over to the team. Your feedback is extremely important to us and we're sorry it's not been as smooth as we'd have liked. I just want to assure everyone we're working on fixing all problems and we appreciate your patience.

We'll continue to check this page and work on any problems. You can always contact our team of web masters on help@growfruitandveg.co.uk

Kind regards,
                              Chris

Comment

Thanks for the update Chris- it's much appreciated.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X