Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any problems with viewing/using the Vine?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just for the record, I have not experienced any changes on my laptop so looks like a Phone/Tablet issue...............again.
    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Thanks BM, I'm pretty sure you're right. My laptop works fine, it seems to be just mobile devices.
      A garden is a lovesome thing, God wot! (Thomas Edward Brown)

Comment

Originally posted by scarey55 View Post
        Here are a couple of screen shots from my iPhone:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]57432[/ATTACH]
        Here, all the letters seems to be squiged together (advanced search) no what's new button
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]57433[/ATTACH]
        The letters are still squiged but there is a what's new button

[ATTACH=CONFIG]57434[/ATTACH]
        This is the go advanced screen
        I've just access the vine on my android & as Jay-ell says the problems are more noticeable in portrait. How different do they look in landscape Scarey?
        Last edited by Bigmallly; 10-07-2015, 09:45 PM.
        sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
        --------------------------------------------------------------------
        Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
        -------------------------------------------------------------------
        Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
        -----------------------------------------------------------
        KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

To take a screen shot with an iPhone (mine is a 5 but I think it works on others) is press the on/off button then the home button at the same time. I don't know about the ipad because mine doesn't have a camera but I guess it probably works the same way as the phone. I think there is a way with an android tablet too.

*toddles off to check.
          Yes, it does work, thanks (although how you're meant to work that out I've no idea.......). I've had to use another device to take a picture of the screen in the past.

Anyway, looks OK on actual threads although different to how it did look (use no borders) but as I've said before it's the What's new page that has gone very odd. It does look like they've been adapting it to be more mobile friendly with the pull down menus etc but got it wrong again.
          Attached Files

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Originally posted by Alison View Post
            Think it's a mobile device thing but the "What's new" section is terrible. Would post a screen dump but don't know how to.
            Take a photo of your screen, press sleep/wake button (top RHS )& home button together (bottom centre). Upload as normal - go advanced, click paper clip, choose photo from library and upload.

Comment

To take a screen shot with an iPhone (mine is a 5 but I think it works on others) is press the on/off button then the home button at the same time. I don't know about the ipad because mine doesn't have a camera but I guess it probably works the same way as the phone. I think there is a way with an android tablet too.

*toddles off to check.
              Think I was a bit late to the party!

Comment

Originally posted by Alison View Post
                It does look like they've been adapting it to be more mobile friendly with the pull down menus etc but got it wrong again
                Things have been changing all day, I think it's work in progress. I've logged in several times today and each time a screen has changed.
                Last edited by veggiechicken; 10-07-2015, 10:04 PM.

Comment

I thought the same thing Scarlet. If you look at my screen shots they are both different. I think, as you say, its a work in progres .

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
                    I've just access the vine on my android & as Jay-ell says the problems are more noticeable in portrait. How different do they look in landscape Scarey?
                    Much better in landscape BM. Thank you, that makes a big difference

Comment

Definitely a iPad / mobile issue as I've been on my desk top and all is well.
                      Screen shot shows new posts. Can't access the last reply, or stretch screen ( so I can read it!) also posts start more than halfway down the page.

Interesting to see I have started a thread without actually starting it!
                      Attached Files

Comment

Currently viewing this on the PC at work and it looks like it always has. Pulled out the iPad and agree that the formatting is incorrect. However, turned it to landscape and it looks the same as it does on my PC.
                        Posted on an iPad so apologies for any randomly auto-corrected gobbledegook

Comment

The only problem I'm having on my iPad is that I can't zoom in and out using my fingers on the screen.
                          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by WendyC View Post

Blame VC!

Comment

Originally posted by WendyC View Post

Well done Wendy - you read my mind and started it for me

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                                The only problem I'm having on my iPad is that I can't zoom in and out using my fingers on the screen.
                                Are you using landscape? I only use the ipad in portrait.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X