Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning All.....We made it! Seriously windy, windier than I have ever heard it before. We have some damage to a chimney, but not too bad - it can wait to be fixed safely when (if?) the weather get's better. Thunder and lightening last night too. We have sunshine at present, but I can't say it's dry, only in that it's not raining - everywhere is wetter than wet. HOOGE front lurking in the Channel, which looks like snow but I think it's maybe too mild out there for it to do much. It's probably more rain.

G4, I'm sure we must be related - the men in my family are as stroppy and childish as yours!

I must make a Valentine's card today!!

Coffee?
    Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

• Morning all. All quiet here this morning after spending a lot of the night listening to the wind howl round the chimney.

Confined to barracks with the lurgy Thank you grandchildren for the germs.

Comment

• Oh dear, all those flying trampolines and tents - AP I had a chuckle at the Not a happy Camper shot

Well we had some rain here too - and so welcome it was too. We missed it since it was patchy, but glad we got the benefit. Hoping that they got some in the coastal mountains so our river will be up, and that the predicted rain next few days is true.

It's madness atm - drought and baking heat here, rain and huge winds there, shocking snow storms in New York! Enough already!

Daughter home from drama excursion. Had some chuckles over things. Will miss her when she's gone to uni and has others to tell the funnies to.

Horses hooves painted again. Much money spent on fencing, and not quite so much spent on food.
        Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

• Afternoon,it certainly was evil last night,was up in early hours,thought someone was in side,also saw a bright light,no not popped me clogs or mind,it was the moon shining throught the back door,up the hall,i ended up looking carefully all over the place,it must have been the wind,stay safe peeps
          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Well, I survived 'the visit' and, would you believe 'the issue' wasn't even mentioned! He did say that they were worried they hadn't seen me for so long. (Translation: He was miffed that I wasn't worried about them! No, I'm not being horrid - you haven't met him!) I decided to forget it. Anyway, the Dogs had a fab time playing together, and came home clean, at least.

We still have dry, bright and chilly, but it's now a little breezy. I really ought to make the most of it, and go muck-out the Chooks. I'll be back in for a coffee afterwards.
            All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
            Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• I'll put the kettle on ready for you, G4.

Went for a run (er - a blow) at lunchtime and experienced four seasons in one hour! Training is on track for hopefully getting to my target when I run the Fradley 10k in early March. Er - just over 3wks away.

Comment

• Afternoooooon......

Am I too late - or too early - for that kettle?

I've summoned some energy and spent the afternoon cutting out aprons. Just downloaded a free half-apron pattern from a US homes mag. I'm quite miffed to discover that, if you live there, you can get a year's subscription to the magazine for $5.99!! One of my favourite mags too. I used to be able to get it in Borders, but they went down the toobs over here. Anyhoo, I'm hoping the free pattern will help me get the utmost out of a very precious piece of اكţĥ Ķَđšŧőŋ fabric that Ma gave me.

Coffee? I can't offer cake as one's Beloved has troughed the bloomin' lot.......
                Jules

Comment

• Coffee, ta. I've delved into Hubby's biccies his fault for leaving them here...

Chook-house is now clean!
                  All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                  Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• I've spent the afternoon in the GH doing my first sowings of the season, its now tea and Tunnock time
                    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• I've just eaten the BH's last mini chocolate bar. He's not a happy bunny. He shouldn't have eaten allof my pie then. Simples!

Coffee?
                      Jules

Comment

• Evening all. Just about to tuck into Nigel Slater's bolognase. It's v rich and creamy - have decided to have it with penne and not spaghetti, as I am wearing a new (deliciously warm lambswool) jumper and I have a habit of not so much eating as wearing spaghetti.

I can't decide whether to go up to the attic room afterwards and shorten a skirt that I bought from the charity shop the other day, or cuddle up with a cat or two in the lounge in front of the fire and do some knitting. Hmm - well one sounds far more appealing than the other, doesn't it?

Comment

• Oh! I forgot that cheesecake recipe for jules (although it's rather after the event now, I fear! )

For a 23cm flan base (i.e. quite big), grate the zest from 2 limes and squeeze about 6 limes to give 180ml juice. Lightly beat 6 eggs with 250g caster sugar. Stir in juice, 175ml double cream and zest. Seive into a jug, pour into pastry base/biscuit base then bake at no.2 for 45 to 50mins. It's a Nigel Slater recipe and it is fab!

Comment

• Catknitcuddles sounds appealing Hazel. Evening All. Wind has quietened down here, but it feels colder than yesterday. I'm off to browse some bed linen. I seem to have given most of mine away!
                            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• The cheesecake also sounds appealing Hazel, thank you!
                              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Evening!!

Thanks, Hazel, when I think the BH deserves another cheesecake, I shall try that recipe. I have some Nigel Slater books, so I'll see if it's in there. I could just go a cooling slice of cheesecake right now - got a bit of a sore throat - but that toad has eaten all of mine and is very much enjoying the fact that he has his own baked cheesecake whilst I have none. Git.

Ma gave me a piece of اكţĥ Ķَđšŧőŋ fabric because it had a huge print fault. I've just pre-washed it. The 'print fault' turned out to be a dirty mark! Yay!
                                Jules

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X