This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
    Just heard your mention on the iplayer radio thingie its about 1hour 6 mins in, thinking about it I did hear it yesterday but somehow I always think of you as VC
    I think of myself as VC too, Bren. I didn't twig immediately that it was the other me

Comment

• Afternoon All. Had a lovely long lie-in this morning (well, a propped up with pillows, cup of tea and a book) until 10 and have been pottering since. It's taken me about an hour to get the PC up and running the tinternet, so that's been a challenge. Jeanie, when middle GG saw Rosie (middle GG is the one responsible for Chester) she thought it was Chester! Not sure now if it's worth the £120.00 to have him neutered if it's not going to change his behaviour. Mmmm wonder if dogs can have bromide?

GYO mag has just been delivered. Pity it wasn't here this morning!
      Last edited by Florence Fennel; 27-01-2014, 01:52 PM. Reason: The postman cometh
      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Rosie is pleased that she has a double, Flo! Everyone tells me how pretty she is.
        Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

• Afternoon All.....The BH has just said 'It would be a lovely day if it weren't for the bad weather' which about sums it up! One minute sun, next torrential rain and hail. Very cold though - the wind is cutting.

Have done the grocery shop, now sitting down with soup. Cheeseburger pie and salad for supper (it's not as horrible as it sounds )

Lottie, I'm desperately trying to recover some peace. It was a good party (apart from my idiot brother being overheard making very personal remarks about my parents to a person whom, to him, was a total stranger; Ma very upset ) but that's the second time, in less than a month, that we have hosted a huge gathering. It's tiring stuff. However, being very tired has got my body clock back to where it needed to be

Mug of hot soup, anyone?
          Last edited by julesapple; 27-01-2014, 03:12 PM.
          Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

• Yes please Jules! I love soup.
            All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
            Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• Blooming family's Jules,we still got the bright stuff,plus,have you noticed the lighter nights creeping in,
              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeanied View Post
                Rosie is pleased that she has a double, Flo! Everyone tells me how pretty she is.
                People say that Chester is pretty - not so good for a dog I suppose. Some also think he's a puppy!

Much lighter here this afternoon. Soup would be lovely jules. You got a mention in the March GYO in case you haven't seen it.
                Right, off to finish my couscous and roasted veg for pack up tomorrow and then I'm going to hunt for a cheap potting bench. See you later.
                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• It's dry and bright here this afternoon. The dirty dawgs had a lovely run with their chum, and came back filthy, so they got hosed off. Much to their disgust. They're now nearly dry, and having a chill out with a Pig's ear - their favourite treat.

Hubby's been fixing the wipers on his Landy, which involved taking out half the dash. I took him tea, but my visit coincided with sweary patch, so I left. All done now, and he's in with another brew.

Kettle's hot...

Comment

• Well,I got whopped by herself ,beaten by six strokes so she offered to by the drinks having a rare moment of magnanimosity (<< good word ) I offered to buy lunch then got "stiffed" for the whole bill & the tip hey ho I've been promised some seeds on Friday so all will be good in the world again
                    Last edited by bearded bloke; 27-01-2014, 04:22 PM.
                    He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

• Just went out and shut the Chook run, and gave them some corn. Now indoors with an extra layer on, and fingerless mittens! My hands are like ice.

I may have to give in and do the ruddy washing up, to warm them up!

Comment

• G4 I love my fingerless gloves I've got 3 pair of them
                        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Only three!? I think I have a pair in every coat, waistcoat and jacket, a pair in the car and a pair at the stables, just in case I forget my coat, or borrow Mr.G's car. I even have a pair by the computer, for times like this - although, annoyingly, this pair smells of Horse...
                          Last edited by Glutton4...; 27-01-2014, 05:47 PM.

Comment

• I wish the dog wouldn't use my knee as a plate. She is beside me on the sofa gnawing a rawhide chew - my knee is now all wet and covered in rawhide slime.
                            Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

• I've caved. I went and did the washing up. But only to warm my hands up. Now have a brand new squeaky-clean pair of fingerless 'magic' gloves on (one size fits all). I forgot I have spares in the drawer. Still got a couple more in there if you're in need, Bren.

Have been wondering if I have a mild form of Reynaud's. A friend's Hubby and Daughter are sufferers, and she suggested it to me. They don't really change colour, but they do 'hurt' a bit when they get cold. Remember that 'tingle' in your legs, that they used to call 'growing pains' when you were a kid. It's a bit like a mild 'shin-splints' feeling. Well, that's what my hands feel like.

Also, my feet. They're fine, they certainly don't feel cold, and I have fluffy cotton socks on, and leather mules/clogs, but I guarantee if I took my socks off and felt my feet, they'd be like ice.

I'm rambling...

Talking of ice, anyone for a G&T?

Comment

• Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
                                Talking of ice, anyone for a G&T?
                                No thank you, G4 - I'm still off the grog at home. *smug

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X